Chapter 42: Something Does Not Add Up

The breakfast table was uncomfortably and distinctly silent and there were many reasons for it.

Sam was obviously a lot scared and his hands almost trembled when he served the food. Bright was tensed because he was thinking of how he should start executing the conversation with Fero.

However Win was the one who was tensed for the most important reason. Nothing can escape his sharp senses and it was not for nothing that he is one of the honoured. Win has very attentive skills, sharp instincts and clear observational skills and there is almost nothing that can escape his senses. Just like that, he was aware that someone! Someone was listening to their conversation yesterday night. He was suspicious of one person but right now.... that person seemed to be tensed but just because everyone else is tensed.

Fero.

He obeserved the man silently, trying to figure put if Fero was acting strange or anything but he could see that Fero is awkward only because of the tension in the room. He saw the man looking at Sam in a concerned way once or twice when Sam almost tripped the jugs on the table and then Fero looked at both him and his boyfriend with a confused face probably because they seem to be silence than usual.

So if Fero wasn't the one eavesdropping us, who was?
Win was in deep thoughts when Fero finally cleared his throat making the clear pindrop tension break.

"Your Highness..."
The man started exchanging looks between both Bright and Win

"You... seem tensed. Is there something bothering you?"

Well that question sounded pretty genuine.
Win thought to himself as he observed Fero's face

"Um.. well... Fero yes. I have something to ask from you but I do not know how to put in a way that is nice."
Bright started finally glad he found a way to start the conversation and Win instinctively smirked

So you are going to play the innocent card and play it in the nice way, huh?
He sneered at his boyfriend in his thoughts. Bright is indeed such a dangerous fellow to deal with, specially in plans and games like this. Bright does not look ferocious like his brothers do but he is living upto his intergrity of being tactful and skillfully dangerous.

"Well, My Prince. You do not really need to put anything in a nice way, do you? You are the Royal Prince and your command is my life."
Fero said chuckling. Fero and Bright too had a little connected past as Fero was one of Bright's childhood friends as they met in a Ball at the palace years ago and clicked really well as children. So since the very beginning Bright and Fero has been close and Fero showed genuine loyalty to Bright as well.

"You know that is not my way Fero."
Bright said smiling slightly and Fero hummed in a sing a song tune making the four boys in the room laugh.

"Indeed. Always different. Always right. If there is someone of the Royal Family that I am extremely fond of, that would be you."

"Trust me if Metawin wasn't my fated soulmate, it would be you"
Bright said jokingly and Win immediately squealed like a kid

"Excuse me?"

Everyone laughed heartily finally their minds easing a bit and Fero sipped a gulp of water before he directed to the real conversation again

"So what is it, Your Highness? If I may be a help to you, I would definitely do that. You know."

Confident much?
Bright though comically in his thoughts before he eyed Win for a few unnoticed seconds and then replied

"I have been searching for a friend of mine for a while now. He used to be my brother's bodygaurd and we.... kind of lost him due to a misunderstanding"