Chapter 08: Please Let Me Explain

The next morning was under extreme chaos and all down the hallways of the palace, all that could be heard was loud chattering, busy walks and a gloomy mood.

Bright and Win on the working desk as soon as they heard about the news and they were staring at the report on it, too shocked for words.

The South has been raided.

Bright sent bodyguards to fetch Mew as he did not know how such a massive raid occurred because it was only yesterday he got the South to his hands and hell, he hasn't even gone through all the detail reports yet.

Win looked like a zombie and Bright knew the reason very well. The south was raided and set on fire and each and every nook of it was destroyed and people were taken as prisoners by the biggest mafia of the country. Crescent. That was how it was called.

Right now Win was freezing cold and his hands were fidgeting quickly and nervously.

"Win... She will be fine. Let's take it slow."
Bright placed his comforting hands on the younger boy's shoulder and just by his touch, Win felt relieved. Win looked at Bright gratefully and Bright nodded at him assuringly.

"Don't worry na. Your house itself is situated in a safe zone of South."
Win nodded slightly smiling and taking his hand softly away from Win, Bright started to open the document with the detail report and current situation of the raid, which was placed on his table.

He froze as he read the details and he immediately grabbed and spread the map attached to the report on the table. Win looked at the elder boy who seemed to be at a loss for words and then glanced at the map to take a look himself

Though knowing that half of the southern map did not exist anymore, still Win didn't find anything that shocked him but instead he was confused.

"Aow. What is this pathway the raid has started Bright? I do not know of such existing."
Win asked pointing his finger on the map to the path the raiders have invaded the South and Bright gulped looking at him, totally pale

"That is because no one knows about it other than me, Mew, Max and Mile"
He said in daze and that confused Win even more.

"What?"
The younger boy asked squinting his eyes

"Win it is a secret pathway and only the members if the main royal family knows it! Even Davika doesn't know about this."
Bright said this time almost shouting and panicked.

"Then how did the..."
Win paused in the middle of the sentence as his eyes grew bigger when the harsh realisation hits him

"But... how can that be? If it is only you all then how did anyone else get to know about it?"

"I don't know Win... and we have another problem. Look at the map carefully."
Bright said again slumping down on the chair, his all hope of Win's sister being safe disappearing in thin air.

"Isn't this... the area my house is situated?"
Win's voice sounded, reluctant and helpless at the same time

Bright nodded

"It is. I said your place is situated at the safest because it is near to this path and we have a lot of security around it though they do not know about the path. But right now..."

Win's world came down crashing as he heard the words come out of Bright's mouth. His sister, his only family and the reason he earned his living, is now in danger and he did not even know if she is dead or alive

"Win.... it will be alright"
Bright hugged the boy who was almost trembling

"I promise you, I will bring her back safe to you."
He whispered softly to the younger boy as he patted a vulnerable Win