Damian Wayne x Anxiety!Reader

WARNING! Triggers of anxiety!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Imagine: You've been having anxiety for the past 2 years. One day you started having an anxiety attack and you call your boyfriend, Damian Wayne, to help you and in need of comfort.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Y/n POV

I was laying down in my bed just staring up at the ceiling.

I had a lot in mind. My parents are always arguing, my so called best friend turned her back on me, and my whole life is just going the wrong way.

The only one good thing I get out of is my boyfriend. His name is Damian Wayne. We've been together for a few months and it's been going really well. Everyday, I wish I would just run away with him. Leave this life I have behind me and just live a happy life with him but too bad I can't do it even if I try.

Damian doesn't know I've been having anxiety attacks for the past 2 years now. It's been hard not to show how I feel and how much I really need him. I over think so much like what if he leaves me when I tell him or would he still want to be with me.

All I feel....is that I feel broken.

I cry all night and have a fake smile on my face all day just to make sure other people don't notice.

Suddenly, I hear my parents arguing again. My mom wants my dad to leave but my dad is really stubborn I just feel sad that my parents can't even talk it out.

My parents make me feel so miserable. They don't understand how much pain I have to deal with just hearing everything.

My heart started beating rapidly. I feel tears coming down my face and quietly began to cry, breaking down.

I cover my eyes with my hands and tears continue coming out like a waterfall.

I kept panting.

I turned my body around and grabbing a hold of my pillow as I pressed my face into it.

Suddenly I hear my phone go off. I take out my phone and I look at my notification.

It's a text from someone.

Damian.

Hey, Y/n. I miss ur face :)❤
I was wondering if you'll like to hang out?

I smiled at the message and I replied back to him.

Hey love❤
Come to my place plz. Rooftop.

Alright see you in a bit

I calmed down for a bit as I rubbed my eyes in frustration. The argument between my parents calmed down but I know they'll do it again in a moment.

Time passed on and I'm sitting at the edge of the rooftop of my apartment waiting for Damian. I closed my eyes enjoying the so called 'fresh' air in Gotham.

My mind just went all over the place. I can't think. I can't focus. It's like my mind goes from one moment to the next but nothing but tiredness and stress just thinking about my life. I hate it.

I just want one peaceful moment with both my parents, have more real friends, and have the life I always dreamed of wanting.

Like hell that's gonna happen.

My anxiety stops me from doing everything I've been wanting to do. I don't know how to live my life anymore.

I'm tired. That's all I could think.

"Y/n!"

I reopen my eyes and I turned my head and I see Damian standing there.

"Hey, Damian." I softly replied, standing up from where I was sitting and walked towards him.

He pulls me in gives me a kiss on the cheek. I gave him a soft smiled and chuckled.

"Everything good, N/n?" Damian asked me in concern.

I have to tell him about my mental health. I need to talk to him about this.

Most importantly, trust him.

"To be honest, no. No I'm not okay." I softly said, as I look down at the ground.

Damian didn't say anything. I feel him put his finger under my chin, gently moving my head to look up at him.

"You can tell me anything. It's just you and me here, love." He said, giving me a caring smile which I returned.

"Okay." I nodded.

He looks at me as he gives me a soft kiss on the lips and I kissed him back, wrapping my hands around his neck. We pulled away and slowly start to sit on the ground and he held onto my hands as I slowly began to speak.

"What I'm about to tell you is that I've been dealing with anxiety for the past 2 years."

"Oh Y/n-"

"Please. Let me explain to you on this. I just want you to listen, as you hold my hand...as I speak. I'm telling you this because you're all I have. I don't have anyone else. So, I want you to listen...and hear how I feel...most importantly....love...me. Harder."

Damian squeezes my hand tightly and lets out a sigh.

"Love...even though we aren't exactly there yet...but I will love you. I will sit here and I will listen. I want to hear everything on what you want to say. Like I said, it's you and me."

I smiled at his words and squeezed onto his hands back.

"I'm not rushing you, Y/n. Take your time. I'm not going anywhere."

I nodded to him.

I spoke every word to him how I'm feeling. Every tear I just felt pain but luckily for him being raised by Bruce Wayne, one thing that they both have in common is that they will not let the people they love suffer.

No matter how much pain or how much dangerous it is, they still manage to make things work.

He's a good man just like his dad.

He may not show it a lot but he does has his own ways.

And that's why I love him and trust him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So this one shot is dedicated to the people who are suffering from mental health issues. Remember, we all need to be strong. Find the people who are real and who would never leave your side. The people who are willing to help you.
Remember
Life is too short to feel sad. We all need to live our lives and enjoy it.
It may not be perfect, but later on in life we're gonna get through this and I believe we're all gonna do great things.
Remember this: This world has enough cruelty, we don't need any more. Always choose kindness and be more wise. Have fun with life because you sitting there and feeling down all the time, you're just wasting more seconds of your life. We can't continue on spreading hate because where the hell is hate gonna get you at? No where. You'll just be living in guilt and you won't even notice it.
I'm saying this because I'm still suffering from mental health issues but I still manage to continue moving forward and not look back at the past.
Just look forward into the future and never give up on your dreams.
-Alyssa💙
Next Batboy, Tim Drake.