56-Goodbye Princess

My chapter titles always have a hidden meaning(if you haven't already noticed), so do whatever you want with that information😌
༻✦༺

Anakin's POV
I stepped out of the bedroom while (y/n) still laid in the bed sleeping and opened the holographic image of Tech in my hand, "Hey Tech, please tell me this call deems good news."

He nodded with a half-smile, "I'm so sorry I've been taking so long with your request General, but I'm happy to tell you that I've fully decrypted the drive as of last night." He informed me, much to my excitement.

I sighed with relief, "Thank the force, I was starting to believe that you lost it." I joked with a light laugh. I was telling the truth though, I really did start to suspect he lost it or damaged it on one of their suicide missions. The Bad Batch are a group of great man, but they're wild compared to the other clones.

He chuckled as he shook his head, "No sir, but I must request that you come here yourself to retrieve the drive, I don't believe sending this information across servers is safe." His playful tone fell and he looked serious, and also afraid?

I looked down the halls to make sure I was still alone and there were no eavesdroppers around. Once I felt secure, I continued, "Is it what I expected?" I asked; hoping he could at least tell me that.

He was quiet as he looked off screen, then he finally looked back up to me with the same serious expression, "I don't think this is something anyone expected, please just come when you can, and only come with those you trust. Tell no one else about this, and be careful with those you do trust."

I nodded, feeling worried about what it could possibly be that would even scare him and why he thinks I shouldn't trust anyone, "I'll be there in a few hours, I'll call you when I'm close by, stay safe until then."

"You as well General." He saluted me before hanging up the call.

I sighed and turned around to go back into my room; I quickly jumped in surprise, when I noticed (y/n) standing right behind me with a confused look on her face. How the fuck is she so quiet? She nearly gave me a heart attack, "You're leaving?" She asked in a sad tone.

Fuck I'm going to have to leave her here and I really didn't want to. But I have to do this, for her.

I nodded as I lightly pushed her back inside so I could go in as well and close the door, "Yes, but it'll only be a few hours Princess, I'm going to Kamino to give a quick drill to a batch of new troops." I lied to her and I felt extremely guilty for it. But I didn't want to tell her the truth just yet, she adores the Chancellor and I wasn't sure if she would react the same way Cal did to Ahsoka; angry and protective. I'll tell her everything as soon as I get back.

"But what about me?" She questioned with a lip quiver, "I just got back, I don't want you to go."

My chest ached as I wrapped my arms around her waist, I'd give in if I could, "I'm sorry my love, I promise I'll be back soon. You can spend some time here with the Padawans and even Master Yoda." I felt safe leaving her in the care of those three, especially Master Yoda.

Obi-Wan won't be here since I plan to take him with me to Kamino.

She sighed in defeat and nodded, "Will you keep in contact with me so I know you're okay?" She hugged me tight as she laid her head against my chest.