Chapter 22

Kai's POV.

When she showed up at my door I lost it . I lost it when she spoke to me so when I pulled her into a hug and started sobbing, she got stuff but later relaxed when she put her hands around my neck as mine went around her waist pulling her closer me crying even more.

I know I'm not supposed to cry but I couldn't hold it in and when she showed up as I had wished, I cried even more.

"Kai what's going on?" She asks as she pulls away and cups her hands on my face looking at me.

I can't believe a whole grown ass man like me is crying.

"Come on." She holds her hand out for me and I take it. She sits on the couch and I sit next to her silently crying.

"It's okay Kai." She pulls me and I rest my head on her soft chest as she strokes my hair making me cry even more.

I couldn't believe I lost him, he was the most amazing man and just like that, someone decides to take his life.

"Kai what is wrong?" She asks in a shaky voice.

"I lost him." I mumble in her chest as tears fall .

"You lost who?"

"My granddad."

"It's alright Kai, he is in a better place okay?" She says as she strokes my hair.

"He was killed, they cut him in pieces and dropped him off like he was a dog." I remember the pictures my dad sent me today morning.

"I'm so sorry Kai." She whispers lowly.

"He wasn't meant to die like that."

"No one is meant to die like that, but I'm sure he is in a better place now."

"They are going to pay." I speak between gritted teeth as more tears fall down.

I don't care that she is seeing me in my vulnerable state because she is all I needed with me right now and I'm glad she came .

We remain silent for some time as I'm still lying on her chest.

"Happy birthday." I pull up and look at her.

"Thank you." She replies and looks at me with concern.

"You didn't have to leave your party."

"I had to be there for you." She tells me as she looks at me.

"Thank you baby." I tell her lowly.

"No problem Kai , are you better now?"

"I'll be better but I'm good now since you're here." I hold her small hands in mine.

"I should head back to my flat."

"No please.....please don't leave."  I plead with her because I can't handle being alone .

"Okay." She replies and she looks around the flat.

"Come with me to my grandparents home country " I ask her, I know I should not be asking her this.

"What?!"

"Come with me to South Korea for my granddaddy's burial."

"But that's a continent away Kai."

"I know I just want you to be there."

"Kai I...I ,is your whole family going to be there?" She asks sounding worriedly.

"Yes I guess."

"How long shall we be gone?"

"For about a week."

"But we have school?"

"I can make it happen and we call in ."

"What about the tests we have the other week?" She asks worriedly.

"Don't worry about them as long as you come with me please."

She stays quiet for some time and she then looks at me.

"Fine." She says finally making me forget my sorrow for a little bit.

"Thank you baby."

"You're welcome." She pulls me into a hug and I of course hug her back with my arms around her waist.

"When do we leave?"

"Tomorrow,"

"I don't have any travel documents Kai that's impossible." She pulls away from the hug.

"Don't worry about that."

"Oh okay, have you had anything to eat or even any sleep." She runs her thumb under my eye.

"Not really but I can eat you." I tell her and whisper the last words and I feel her shudder and she is blushing.

"That's inappropriate Kai, let me make something for you to eat okay?"

"Okay."

She gets up and heads to the kitchen and I follow her . She begins to look through the fridge.

"Kai, you got something I can cook?"

"I guess I'm not sure, I've never done grocery shopping."

"Oh, there is something." She pulls out frozen chicken and some vegetables.
"I'm gone make some vegetable chicken." She tells me as she pulls out the pans.

"No problem anything is good." I sit on the barstool and watch her move around the kitchen.

This is when I notice how short her dress is and I'm now angry because I'm sure some guys have been staring at her. Her ass looks so  round in that dress and her cooking in my kitchen just makes me want to lock her up and wife her.

"Can you grab me the pan over there." Her soft voice pulls me out of my thoughts and I look at the pan she is saying. I walk to where she is and pass her the pan .

"Thank you." She says as she looks at her food focused.

"No problem."

"Now go on, go take a bath and come down and have some food."

"Come join me." I walk behind her and wrap my hands around her waist kissing her neck .

"No I can't do that,I'm cooking."

"Fuck the food baby , I can just have you for dinner and I'm good." I continue to kiss her neck.

"You're nasty." She says in a shaky voice.

"Only for you baby girl." I kiss her weak spot and I feel her almost falling but I pick her up.

I turn her around and kiss her lips aggressively,I missed her so much and when she is around I don't seem to function.

"K...Kai the food." She says in a shaky voice.

"It will be alright." I reach over the cooker and switch it off . I hold her hand and lead her to the hall way then to my room.

She walks in and I close the door then turning to her. I pull her again into a kiss and I bite her lower lip earning a moan from her.