Chapter 47

Malia's POV.

We've been in Brooklyn for about one week now and we are both beginning work today.

"Mija, you're growing fat each and every day." Graciela tells me as I help her make breakfast for me and Kai.
Kai has still not told me the real reason why we have more security so I won't pester him since he said he'll tell me when the time comes.

"I haven't worked out for two weeks now so I think the food is just settling in ." I reply.

"Okay." She replies.

Kai comes into the kitchen in his black suit with a white dress shirt.
"Morning Graciela." He greets her as he comes to my side.

"Morning William, I'll put the food at the table." She says and leaves me and Kai.

"Morning baby." He turns me around and holds my waist.

"Morning." I reply and he pulls me into a slow passionate kiss and I kiss him back.

"Are you alright?" He asks as he pulls away and cups my face looking into my eyes.

"Yeah I'm fine."

"You threw up today morning again." He says and he looks concerned. I've been waking up and running to the bathroom every morning to empty my insides since we came to Brooklyn.

"It's just the change of food." I reply.

"If you feel any type of sickness tell me okay?"

"Okay, let's go eat I have to be at work by 9am." I pull away and fix his tie.
"You look hot by the way." I compliment him and we head to the dining table .

"Thank you,you look ravishing ." He says as he licks his lips. I've tried to be professionally dressed. I'm dressed in a black pencil skirt with a white plaid shirt and black heels.

"Thanks babe." Graciela gives us our food and we begin to eat.

"Vanni will be driving you." He tells me and I huff.

"I know how to drive Kai , I don't need him to ."

"Then if you don't want him to drive you, I'll have a security detail following you."  He says and stuffs his face with eggs.

"No, I don't want anyone following me, and I am driving myself period."

"Baby, I need you to be with Vanni all the time it's for your safety."

"Safety for what? I just don't see the need for security anyway." I reply already angry that he hasn't told me the real reason behind all this security.

"I run one of the biggest companies known so there are people out there who don't want to see me succeed so you need the security since your my fiancée and they might want to harm you,please let Vanni drive you." He explains and then looks at me pleadingly.

"Fine I guess Vanni will drive me." I tell him and he smiles brightly.

"That's my babygirl." He holds my hands and kisses the back of it.

After breakfast,we both head out and Kai begins to talk to Vanni but I'm not able to listen to what they are saying since they are speaking in Italian.

"I'll see you later , I love you baby." Kai holds my waist and kisses my lips.

"I love you too." I tell him and he opens the door to the Aston Martin for me and Vanni comes in.

"How is Ray ?" I ask him. Ray is Vanni's four year old little boy who lives with his mother in Italy since his mother left.