Chapter 62

Malia's POV.

Opening my eyes,I'm met with a white sealing and a beeping irritating sound and the smell of medicine. I look around and notice that I'm in a hospital room. My throat is dry and I can't make a sound. I look to my right and Kai is asleep in a chair next to the bed with his head resting on the bed. I lift my hand and touch him . He opens his eyes and turns to look at me . He holds my hand and kisses the back of it.

"You're awake ,I'm so sorry baby." He says and looks at me sadly.

"Water." I manage to say with my dry throat.
He gets up and walks to the small table pouring me a glass of water which I gulp down within seconds.

"How are you feeling?" He asks .

"I feel fine." I tell him and my hand moves to my stomach and that's when I remember that i blacked out after I felt pain in my stomach. I can't lose my baby.
"Kai,our baby is gone." I tell him and feel myself about to cry.

"What ? No the babies are fine." He says and I look at him.

"Babies?"

"Yeah ,we are having twins." He walks to my bed .

"Omg ." I exclaim not believing him.

"I know I was shocked too but I'm happy." He says and kisses my lips .
"Let me call the doctor and get you out of here ,I know you hate hospitals." He says and I smile as he walks out of the door.

Wow,twins ,I can't believe I'm carrying twins since my family has no twins at all. I have cousins but none of them are twins so I'm guessing they are from Kai's family. Kai walks in with the doctor and he begins to check my vitals.

"Am I good to leave?" I ask the doctor.

"Yes ,I'll make your discharge forms and you'll be good to go." He says and then leaves.

"Where is Micah?" I ask Kai as I sit up with him holding me.

"I made Graciela take him to the hotel ."

"Oh okay,I'm sorry Kai for everything." I tell him truthfully .

"Don't worry about it baby, I forgive you just don't stress yourself again and the babies too ,I need you all to be safe and I'm sorry for going rough on you baby,it wasn't my intention to hurt you ." He says .

"Who says you hurt me,I kind of enjoyed it." I tell him while touching his arm and his cheeks are now slightly pink.

"You did ?" He asks as he rubs his beard.

"Yes I did,but I didn't like the idea of you leaving me hanging."

"Sorry again." He says as he helps me to the bathroom.

"It's okay Kai." I tell him as he helps me do my business and change to comfortable clothes that Vanni brought for me.We get back to the hospital room from the bathroom and the doctor comes in to give us the discharge papers. Kai helps me out to the car and Vanni drives us to the apartment.

"You scared me baby." Kai says and his hand is across my shoulders rubbing my arm while I rest my head on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry,all I remember is the pain shooting through me and trying to call your name."

"I should not have left you,I'm sorry." He says and I lift my head to look at him.

"It's okay Kai." I rub his chest and he pecks my lips.
"I'm the one supposed to be saying sorry,I'm sorry Kai,I didn't mean to kiss him,it meant nothing to me and I can understand if you want to break off the engagement and not get married I can understand,it's all my fault." I tell him as I fiddle with my fingers and the ring.