Chapter 40

Malia's POV.

"Baby ,from the time I saw you and that was the first day of college. You hated me and I didn't know why." Kai says and people from the crowd laugh. "When you said you loved me,I knew my life was complete and I didn't need nothing else apart from you,I waited till this day,your graduation to ask you to be mine fully." He gives the microphone to the other guy and I'm now literally crying because he is being sweet.

I look in the direction where my parents and brothers are seated and they all look confused but Kai's mom and dad have their phones out probably recording,why are they recording? Everyone begins to shout and I frown my eyebrows confused.

Turning my face back to Kai ,he is on one knee and holding a blue velvet box and it's open.

"Marry me,baby I promise to be good to you forever and I'm sorry for what I've done wrong. Malia Martin Jones Williams marry me." He says more so commands and looks at me expectantly. I look back at my mom and dad and they are so confused but I want to explain everything to them.

"Say yes." I hear someone from the crowd scream and more people begin to tell me to say yes.

I turn to look at Kai who is still on one knee .
"Yes,yes I'll marry you." I reply and hold my hand out as he slips the ring on .I'm now literally crying and smiling at the same time.

He stands up and pulls me by my waist into a tight hug as people are shouting.

"For a minute there I thought you'd turn me down." Kai whispers and pulls away from the hug and pecks my lips while grinning.

"Why would I?" I tell him and he just shrugs.

"Thank you everyone." He finally says and we leave the podium and Kai is holding my hand as everyone is congratulating us.

"We wish you all the best." The guy who announced my name says.

Now I have to explain to my parents and I'm dreading the conversation.

"Omg congs babes." Chad hugs me and pulls away.

"Thank you." I tell him and he looks at the ring.

"This is a real diamond I'm sorry if I steal it." Chad jokes. "Well be back man." Chad tells Kai and he just nods his head.

"Proud of you ma." Devon kisses my cheek and I feel Kai's hold on my hand tighten.

"I'm sorry Charlotte and your mom didn't come." I tell him and he just shrugs and I notice Kiona walking towards us.

"It's all good ma."

"Congrats you two ." Kiona tells me and Kai and we thank her.

"We are leaving tomorrow." Devon says and I can't help but feel sad I'm going to miss him.

"We'll meet tomorrow for lunch." I tell them .

"That will be great." Chad replies

"Congratulations again on your engagement ." Kiona tells me.

"Always make her happy." Devon says looking at Kai who hasn't let go of his hold on me the entire time.

"She will always be happy." He replies and looks directly into my eyes.

"Thanks,I'll see you guys later." I tell them as we walk to where my parents are.

"Don't worry I'll be with you the whole time." He whispers in my ear probably sensing my nervousness.

"Okay." I respond and we approach my family.

"You made it lil sis." Faris hugs me and I let go of Kai's hand and hug back.