Chapter 63

Malia's POV

"When are you taking your leave?" Albie asks me as we eat lunch in her office.

"I don't know,Kai is pestering me to stop working but I need the money and I just can't leave my clients and then again, it's becoming hard to hide the pregnancy ." I reply as I rub my stomach. It's now becoming hard to hide the pregnancy at work .I've been hiding it behind trench coats and suit jackets but it's now protruding.

"Your carrying twins so obviously your stomach is growing more than  a person carrying one child so I'm with Kai,you need to take a leave ." She says as she sips on her water.

"Do you think Alex will ask me why I'm taking the leave?" I ask her because I haven't told him about my pregnancy,well there is no need .

"Of course he has to ask for a reason,you should tell him ,he needs to stop thinking he has a chance with you even though he is cute and rich. I mean I'd definitely tap that if I was single."

"That doesn't help Albie." I roll my eyes at her.

"Okay my point is,just tell him the real reason ,I'm sure he will understand unless he is an asshole."

"I guess you're right ." I shrug .

We finish eating and I get back to my office. We had Micah's birthday party last week and he got a lot of toys and things from my family, my friends , Kai's family and obviously kai and I plus the penthouse is now full so I think we need a new place and a bigger one so I need to talk to Kai about it.
Kai's mom also decided to start planning the wedding with my mom even though we aren't speaking but I miss my mom. I want the wedding to happen before I become an elephant.

A knock at the door pulls me out of my thoughts and I look up seeing Alex coming in. He is in his signature black suit and his hair is slicked back with one strand falling on his forehead.

"Hey Alex,what can I do for you?" I ask him as he gets in further into the room and he takes a seat opposite from mine.

"Nothing specifically,I just came to say hey." He says while smirking.

"Oh okay then." I reply not really knowing what to say.

"I was meaning to ask you,can you come to dinner with me tonight?"

"Uh....I don't think I can." I tell him.

"Why? Why can't you just go out with me, you know I like you." He says and gets up walking to my side. He traps me in between his body and my chair and his face is inches away from mine and I become tense immediately and uncomfortable.

"What are you doing Alex?" I ask him as I start to get nervous and scared at his closeness .

"I want you Malia,your beautiful and I want to go out with you." He says .

"You're my boss and that is inappropriate and..."

"I don't care about that,you're smart and strong so I don't care whether I'm your boss,we can be together as that will make our firm stronger." He cuts me off.

"We can't go out together Alex, we just can't." I tell him as I try to push one arm away so that I can get up but he is stronger than me so he doesn't barge.

"Yes we can." He says and he moves closer to me and I can feel his hot breathe fanning me.

"I have a fiancé ,I'm getting married." I tell him and he pulls back a little looking angry but he smirks and gets back to trapping me.

"You're just saying that to get rid of me." He chuckles.

"I'm not just saying it." I look a him confused. How can someone not believe when you tell them that. I'm starting to think something is wrong with him.