Chapter 53

Malia's POV.

Micah has started school and it's been a week . My best friends and my girls came to my apartment and Chad was serious about taking Kai to jail but he didn't do it.

Kai comes by every day to check on Micah and he sometimes takes him to school when I'm suffering with morning sickness and he buys my vitamins.

"So Ryan is your friend?" Albie asks and I roll my eyes. She has been asking me that ever since she met Ryan and they are now talking as far as I know and she is crushing hard on the Latino . I invited her for the get together and she spent almost the whole time with him.

"Albie you've asked me that question for like a million times."

"No I haven't ." She says .

"Really?"

"Okay maybe I did ask you a lot but have you met the guy, he is tall,cute and his accent just adds the spice to him,I want a piece of his Latino ass." She says while looking at her phone.

"Of course you do."

"Enough about me have you talked to your husband yet?" She asks.

"It's you who was talking about Ryan and I talk to Kai when he picks Micah up and he isn't my husband."

"Yet." She adds and I just shrug my shoulders.
"You should talk to him,y'all suffering,your pregnant and you don't need that stress." She says and I shrug my shoulders and my hand instantly goes to my stomach touching it.

"I just can't forget the fact that he lied to me Albie ,he lied to me about something important for four years." I haven't told her about the mafia thing but apparently Ross, Ryan and Mark know since they work for his company and the girls knew but they didn't tell me since they thought I knew .

"Sorry girl but I'm sure y'all gon work it out ." She says and I nod my head .

After our break we get back to our offices and resume work. There is a knock at my door and I tell the person to come in without looking up since I'm trying to finish up an email to send.

"Hey baby." I hear Kai's voice and I look up at him . He is dressed in a grey suit with a white dress shirt and his hair is pushed back probably by his hands and he looks stressed and sleep deprived because of the bags under his eyes.

"Um hey." I reply and he opens the button of his suit jacket and comes to my side . He turns my chair and I face him.

"Baby please I need you back home,you and Micah,I need you,I'm sorry about lying to you baby I'm sorry about hurting you and I'm sorry for leaving you alone in the hospital .I know I fucked up but baby I made a mistake and I regret it." He says as his voice breaks and I'm now becoming emotional. Kai rarely breaks down and the only time I saw him this vulnerable was when his grandfather died.
"I need you in my life Malia ,you are my life ." He says and holds my hands in his.
"Please,please come home." He says and I look at the door then back at him.

"Let's talk about this after work." I tell him and he kisses my hands. I hate to see him like this,it's his most vulnerable state ever and that state makes me cry more.

"I just need my babies back that's all." He says .

"We'll come home and talk about it ." I tell him and he smiles lightly.

"Okay. " He kisses my lips but I don't kiss back so he just pulls away.

"You can pick Micah up ." I tell him and he shakes his head yes.

"I will." He replies and looks at me expectantly.
"I'll see you later baby,I love you." He says .

"I'll see you later." I reply and he walks to the door. He looks at me then walks out.