Chapter 59

Malia's POV

It's been about two weeks since we came back home from my parents and I haven't talked to my mother since then. I'm sad that she isn't talking to me though she calls Kai and she talks to Micah. It's now evening and I'm home alone making dinner for me and the boys and I also invited Ryan and Albie to join us since they moved in together. I think they are moving so fast but I have no say in their love life.

I've just talked to my homegirls and we talked about Ross and Charlotte's wedding which is happening this weekend in Detroit so we all have to be their since I'm a bridesmaid and Kai is Ross' best man.

"Baby." I hear Kai's voice coming from the door and small footsteps following.

"In the kitchen." I reply as I take the chocolate cupcakes I've made for dessert out of the oven.

"Mama,look what daddy got me." Micah comes running to me in his uniform holding a duck ,a duck that is living. I remember him talking about quack and wanting to get a quack so I'm guessing that's the duck.

"Is that a duck?" I ask him as I pick him up and kissing his cheek then looking at the white and grey non flying bird.

"No this is quack." He replies and I put him down as Kai's comes into the kitchen with four buttons of his white dress shirt undone and sleeves rolled up with no tie, damn this man is hot but i won't tell him,it will only feed his already existing ego.

"Why did you buy him a duck?" I ask him as he pulls me into a hug.

"He wanted one and I was tired of the little guy talking about quack all the damn time so I was like why not ? He is my son after all." He shrugs .

"That thing comes with a lot of responsibility and my son is four."

"Baby, he is going to make five in a few weeks and he is a smart kid." Kai says as he pulls away from the hug and I look over at Micah on the floor talking to a duck. He is talking to the damn bird.

"I'm not going to take care of that bird in anyway so it's you and him I'm out of it."

"Don't worry about it,he said he can take care of it besides we got him a cage and his food." Kai says .

"I'm still wondering why you got it for him." I shake my head and check on the food.

"Come here buddy." Kai says and Micah holds his duck and walks to where Kai is.
"You're going to take care of that duck like we agreed?" He asks and Micah smiles.

"Yes daddy and his name is Quack." Micah says and I internally roll my eyes.

"Micah are you sure you want to keep that du...you want to keep Quack?" I ask him as I finish up with the cupcakes and his eyes travel to the cupcakes and he drops the bird down walking to me.

"Yes I want to keep him." He replies.

"So why have you just dropped him?" I ask him .

"I want cupcake." He says as he points ontop of the counter standing on his toes trying to look at the cupcakes.

"That's for dessert." I tell him.

"But mama,I want a cupcake,daddy?" He says and turns to Kai who is now seated on the barstool.

"Daddy isn't the one who has made the cupcakes so go pick up that duck and put it in it's cage." I tell him sternly and he pouts walking to his dad.

"Daddy,mama is mean." He says . He always goes to Kai if I refuse to give him something he wants and I'm always the mean one.

"Baby,just give him the damn cupcake." Kai says and I look at the duck moving around the kitchen quacking.

"Don't encourage him,Micah go pick up that duck or I'll throw it out." I tell him and he immediately walks and picks up the duck.