Chapter 39

Malia's POV

Finally,we are graduating today and getting out of school and my baby is coming today I'm just so over excited.

"You ready?" Chad comes into my room and he is dressed in a three piece suit and he looks good. We only get to dress officially when we used to have mock trials for court sessions at campus but this is our new life now, we get to dress officially all day long.

"Almost and look at you all smart." I compliment him.

"You look gorgeous and smart too." He tells me .

"Thank you where is Chad and Kiona?" I ask him since we are all getting ready at my house.

"I'm here , we are right here." Devon replies and he comes in with Kiona they are smart too. Devon finally proposed to Kiona and they are expecting,so happy for them ,I can't wait to be a godmother.

"You done yet?" Kiona asks as she walks over to me.

"Almost,I need your help with the make up." I tell her since I'm horrible at doing make up.

"Of course girl." She tells me and walks over to the dresser .

"We'll be in the living room and please hurry up." Devon says making us roll our eyes.

"We have to make a grand entrance." Kiona replies.

"It's a damn graduation babe not your wedding." Devon tells her and she scoffs at him as they walk out.

"Has Kai told you if he is almost landing?" She asks me.

"Not yet ."

"As long as he is coming."

"I know, I'm so excited to see him again I've missed him."

"I know you have ." She wraps up my make up and I get a call from Kai and it's obviously FaceTime.

"We'll be waiting in the living room ." She tells me and I nod my head and thank her.

I connect the call on the tv screen and Kai pops up . He is dressed in his all black three piece black suit. It's like he is always in a suit if it isn't black, it's grey.

"Hey baby." He says as he runs his hand through his messy curly hair. I make a mental note to cut it when he comes.

"Hey babe, you landed yet?" I ask him excitedly.

"Not yet."

"But you said you'd be here before the ceremony begins."

"I know and about that, I don't think I can make it." He says and my heart shatters into tiny pieces.

"You promised Kai." I reply on the verge of crying.

"I know baby I'm sorry." He says and I look at him still not believing that he isn't going to be around.

"Are we still together." I ask because right now I'm doubting if Kai still wants me. He has been sketchy the past few weeks and I don't know why but when I googled why your boyfriend would be sketchy while your in a relationship, google gave me my answers so I'm starting to see the red flag.

"Of course baby why the hell would you think we aren't?" He frowns and looks at me confused.

"I don't know." I respond and get my shoes on.

"You look smart." He tells me and I just nod my head because I don't want to cry right now it'd ruin Kiona's work.

"I love you baby ." He tells me again but I don't respond. He runs his hand through his hair and sighs loudly.