Chapter 44

Malia's POV

"Are you coming with us?" Lil man asks as we take his bags to the car.

"I'll come later on, I have to begin working." I tell him.

They are getting ready to leave and go back home.

"Aight, I'm proud of you big sis." He says. He has really grown up no longer losing teeth.

"Thank you." I hug him as my parents get out of the house and Kai's parents too.

"When are you two going to Brooklyn?" My dad asks .

"By the end of this week." Kai replies as he puts his hand around my shoulder making my dad glare at him and he takes it off.

"Dad." I warn and he just shrugs.

"Be good, I'm proud of you." My dad says and hugs me then leaves.

"Don't think we didn't notice those bruises on your neck." Faris says as I turn around and they are standing there as if they are tryna process something.

"I don't care what y'all notice I remember telling yo stupid asses not to tell mom and dad about my situation." I tell them and they roll there eyes.

"Aii chill dude what is done is done." Ivan says and I just mean mug him.

"Whatever."

"But we are happy that yo loud ass now a lawyer." Ivan says I can't stop myself from smiling.

"Come on, bring it in, you know you want to." Faris says as he opens his arms wider while wiggling his eyebrows.

"No I don't want to." I turn around.

"Come on, you can't resist this warm hug." Faris says and he pulls me into a hug squeezing the life out of me.

"Alright I get it, I get it." I tell him and he pulls away.

"We'll see you soon lil sis ." Ivan says and I nod my head yes.

"Take care of her man,if you hurt her I'll break your neck." Faris tells Kai who is just smirking.

"That won't be necessary." Kai says as he pulls me to him by my waist.

"Boys get yo asses in here before I leave you and where yo mama at?" My dad's voice booms making me and my brothers roll our eyes.

"I'm right here." My mom says as she comes out with Kai's mom.

"When is the wedding Mal?" My mom asks.

"Yeah we need to get ready." Kai's mom says.

"We haven't talked about that yet but we shall inform you when we plan on having it." Kai says and they both nod their heads.
I hug my mom and they leave.

"Your staying for dinner?" Kai's mom asks us .

"No mom we are going out." Kai says and I look up at him.

"We are?" I ask him .

"Yes we are." He says and his mom looks between us and she leaves.

"I didn't know we were going out." I tell him as we head back to the car.

"We are going I just didn't tell you." He replies and I shake my head. He helps me into the car and we get back home.

My phones dings and it's a group text from Charlotte.

Charlie: "Alia you pregnant?"

Raven: " She is? Malia are you?"

Me: "No I'm not,well I thought I was."