Chapter 46

Malia's POV.

"I'm exhausted." I yawn as I rest on Kai's chest.

"Well, if you slept last night you wouldn't be." He chuckles.
Last night we made love the whole night and slept at around five in the morning and yet we had a flight.

We are on the plane going to Brooklyn and I'm tired and exhausted. We needed to get only our clothes,shoes, toiletries and other things to take with us since Kai said the apartment is fully furnished with everything we need in it. I called my parents and told them I was leaving and they were happy and obviously mom had to ask when the wedding will be and I told her and she said she is going to do the planning with Kai's mom but I know I have to be around .

"Let's get you to bed." Kai helps me up and leads me to the mini bed room.
"I love you." He pecks my cheek and stands up to leave.

"Stay with me."I tell him and he nods his head yes taking his shoes off and then getting in bed with me.

Before I know it I drift off to sleep.
I'm woken up by soft kisses on my cheek making smile but I don't open my eyes knowing it's him.

"Get up baby, I know you're awake." He whispers on my lips giving them a slight peck.

"Are we there yet?" I ask him as I get up and he helps me up.

"Yeah almost and that's why we need to get back in our seats."

"I just want to get off this plane." I tell him as we get back in our seats.

The plane lands and the flight attendants take our bags out. I kinda missed Rebecca she was nice.

"Welcome boss." A man in an all black suit with an earpiece tells Kai .

"Thank you, Vanni will be here by tomorrow so get everything ready." He tells him and then dismisses him. I the notice other men dressed the same way.

"Damn it's like they are secret service or something." I tell Kai as he leads me to a black SUV and there are more that look like it about four.

Tucker came with us so he is driving and then again the other three SUVs I saw are following us.

"Why are there cars following us?" I ask Kai .

"It's just our security." He says nonchalantly.

"Why would you need security?"

"For safety."

"But we don't need that much security."

"Baby, the work I do needs extra security."

"But you said you are a CEO ,is there something else?" I turn to him asking him and he looks nervous.

"There is nothing else baby." He says without looking at me . He is lying.

"Fine ." I tell him simply because I'm exhausted and jet lagged right now.

We get to the penthouse and it's at the top most floor with a view of the ocean. It's close to where I'm going to work and close to Kai's office too. It's a pretty nice apartment. Kai walks me to our bedroom and it's just as nice as it looked in the pictures,even better.

"You like it?" He asks .

"It's beautiful I love it." I reply as I walk into the bathroom which is bigger than my flat back in Manchester.
I walk out then to the balcony that overlooks the city.

"This is perfect." I tell him as I walk back into the room.

"I'm still working on something,I'll show you when it's done."