Chapter 27

Kai's POV

I know I shouldn't be mad or anything but I am mad that she kissed Devon and I know she likes him.
She is free to make her choices and I might be acting like a dumbass since we weren't even dating.

"Man are you even listening." Kane says .

"Yeah...yes I was."

"What did I say?" He raises his eyebrows at me.

"Something about....." I have no idea what he was saying.

"That's what I thought, anyway I was saying...." he trails off looking at me.

"What?" I ask him .

"Something is going on, your not being yourself, spill it and I know even if you say nothing,I'll pester you till you tell me now begin talking."

"Malia kissed some guy." I tell him . We are in his house waiting on our dad.

"You're sure?"

"Yeah."

"Did she tell you this?"

"No, the guy she kissed told me."

"Damn bro, do you know the guy?"

"Yeah ,her best friend." I shrug.

"Damn, when did they do it?" He asks again.

"Why are you asking me all these questions?"

"Well, I need to know what happened and also I need to know if your not being a jealous mf."

"I'm not jealous."

"Yeah whatever.So when did it happen?"

"On her birthday."

"But you started dating on her birthday."

"No, it was after her birthday,like the day after." I tell him.

"So why are you mad?"

"I'm not mad." I defend myself.

"Yes you are, she kissed this guy before y'all started dating Kai so you can't blame her."He tells me and now that I think about it,I'm being jealous.

"But she knew I liked her."

"Did she though?" He asks making a point, i hate to admit it but this fool is right.
"Yes I am right." He smirks and leans back.

"Maybe I over reacted."

"Yeah maybe, dude you overreacted and now I'm sure she thinks you hate her."

"I don't hate her." How can I hate my baby, she keeps me sane .

"Of course you don't,now go talk to her before we leave with dad." He says making a point so I get up.

"I'll see you later."

"Don't lose that lady, I can see that she cares about you, a lot." He says with a serious tone and I leave.

I get into my own house and find Malia on the couch watching tv concentrated that she doesn't see me come in.

"Hey." I say as I walk and sit next to her.

"Oh, hey, I didn't hear you come in." She sits up and looks at me with that look that she has been giving me since morning,she is hurt.

"It's okay,you were taken up by the tv." I tell her as I look at her but she looks away.

"Yeah I guess." She mumbles and begins to play with her nails.

"I'm sorry." I tell her and she looks at me confused.

"Sorry for what?"

"I'm sorry for ignoring you."