Nothingness

The day DC tried to reach out, was the day everyone was too busy to help.

Which of course he knew everyone had their own lives, their lives didn't revolve around him and his issues. But he felt brave, he felt ready to ask for help, and he picked the one day everyone was busy.

"Sorry rosie got this big protest today, call me later okay?" DC was typing on his laptop, not even paying attention to the words on the doc. He was so tired.

"Not now Dee! Loui and I have this huge prank planned for Texas." The fed rubbed his eye was his palm, he felt so sick.

"I have to find my hat this ain't the best time." When was the last time he slept? Probably not for a week, is that why his vision was all spotty?

"Not now sha." He hadn't eaten in about two days either.

"Just leave me alone, okay?" DC shook his head and tried to keep typing, ignoring the gibberish on his screen.

"Mmm...darlin' I'm in the middle of a nap...." He didn't even glance up when one of his interns came in with a new folder full of paperwork. The intern looked at him worriedly but walked off, DC barely acknowledged her presence.

"Look, look baby, baby listen. I've got a new car in the shop and I can't talk okay? Later." A huge black spot made DC pause, his vision was getting worse and he felt so hot. He took off his jacket, knowing IDC and Gov were in meetings and wouldn't be back for hours, to try and cool down but small gesture did nothing to lower his body temperature.

"DC I can't deal with whatever issue you're having right now, okay? I have work to do." Something was wrong, something felt wrong this time. He needed to get up, he needed to find some help, but as soon as he tried he felt himself falling back into his chair.

"Aren't we a little too old for melodramatic DC?" DC wanted to crock out a 'help', wanted someone to come to his aid, but he couldn't make his lips move. He looked up at the ceiling, which was suddenly spinning, and felt himself slowly losing his battle leaning forward and head connecting to the desk. As his eyes closed and he felt himself slip into unconsciousness, one final thought pushed through.

I'm sorry....

IDC didn't even look up when she heard commotion in the hallways, too focused on the speaker in the middle of the floor going on about some law they were trying to pass.

"God does he ever take a break?" Gov muttered to her, making IDC shrug. She glanced down at her phone, at the unread text message sent to her twin, sighing after confirming, yet again, that DC never responded.

"I'm sorry for earlier DeeDee, I was just stressed. We can talk now, what's up?" The text message read, and IDC couldn't help the small gnawing of worry in her stomach seeing it still unread.

"He's fine. He's probably overworking himself." Gov whispered making IDC nod. More commotion in the hallways, this time making IDC glance back just as some interns closed the doors of the hall. Why were the interns rushing around like mad? She hoped Greene hadn't sent them on a wild goose chase again. IDC turned back to the speaker, hoping this session would end soon, ignoring the sound of the doors opening again until someone was trying to get her attention.

"Ms. Kelly! Ms. Kelly!" IDC glanced up at an intern, looking at her worriedly. Her heart fell into her stomach, that was DC's intern.

"Mr. Kelly collapsed." The intern whispered.

"HE WHAT?" IDC yelled, jumping up and interrupting the entire session. The international branch paid the glares and stares no mind as she pushed her way out of the row and ran out of the hall, Gov following close behind. There was a large crowd outside of DC's office, interns and politicians alike trying to get inside, and IDC was less than polite, shoving her way inside to get to her brother. Thankfully the paramedics had been called, but IDC froze at the sight in front of her as she finally got in.