Boat Day

Ivy twirls around with Aurora in her arms, "Daddys not here so I need you to stop crying for me. Please. Christopher! Alexus! You two better be ready to leave in the next five minutes! Your dad not being here in the mornings really sucks."

Alexus comes running in, "Mommy, where's daddy? He said that he would help me pick out a book for show and tell today."

"He got called in for emergency surgery. Do you want my help?"

"No," she runs off.

"Hmm. Let's hope you don't develop your sisters attitude when you grow up," Aurora just giggles at her mother, "That doesn't bode well for me, does it?"

"Mommy!" Christopher yells.

She sighs, "Come in here and talk to me, stop yelling across the house."

Alexus shouts, "But you just did!"

Ivy pinches the bridge of her nose as she puts Aurora in her carseat, "What, Chris?"

He pouts at his mother, "Daddy said he would drop me off at daycare today."

She bends down to his level, "But you have mommy doing it, isn't that just as good?" She holds her arms out for a hug.

"I guess," Christopher shrugs before turning around to get his shoes on.

"I'm really feeling the love today."

○○○○

Maggie holds up the magazine, "Look at you! You're on the cover!"

Meredith nudges her as the four sisters walk into work, "Put it away."

Amelia smiles, "You're like a rock star, of the clinical variety."

"Please put it away," Meredith all but begs.

"Are you ready to operate today?" Ivy asks her sister.

"Yep."

Maggie gasps, "So exciting. What do you have?"

Amelia tells them as Ivy breaks off to go to the ER, "Skull base schwannoma."

○○○○

Ivy grabs her phone as she hears a ding, "Why is there a charge for a boat on Jackson and I's share account? Oh, I'm going to kill him."

She walks up to Bailey, Arizona, April, and Maggie, "Would I get in trouble if I kill Jackson?"

"Why do you want to kill him? He's your children's father and your husband," Maggie asks her.

"He bought a brand new hotshot car and before I could talk to him about it, he was called in for surgery. And now I just got notice of a charge for a boat. How should I-" She's cut off by pagers going off and the other four women running off.

Ivy turns to the nurse, "Can you page Dr. Avery for me?"

She shakes her head, "Sorry, he left a little while ago. Went home sick as well as Dr. Karev and Dr. Hunt just called in sick.

"Huh. Very well. Um, today's a slow day, can you tell Kepner to handle the ER and Bailey and Webber that I'll be back for the intern-mixer, thanks," Ivy plans.

○○○○

Quickly stopping home, Ivy changes into her bikini and one of Jacksons old shirts before speeding to the dock where Jacksons new boat is stored. She climbs on deck lays on the bed in the bedroom. It isn't long before she hears them, "So, who's driving?"