Gossip

14x17

"Hey. We need to talk."

Ivy sets her stuff down, "No, no, I don't think we do."

Jackson sighs, standing up, "Yes, we do. Because we're not okay right now, we're not talking and that's not us. We talk things out."

She nods, "I know, but I-I can't do this right now."

"Hey. Ivy, I see something is eating at you and I want to help you. Let me help you," Jackson begs, blocking her way to their room.

"Jacks, I can't. If I say it outloud-"

"That makes it real. Well, make it real, so I can make it go away. Because it is hurting you."

Ivy shakes her head, "I can't. I don't want-"

Jackson hugs her, "Ivy. I'm here. I'm not going any-"

"You can't promise that! You can't promise that you aren't going anywhere!" Ivy explodes.

He sighs, "Oh. That's what's going on. Ivy, I promise you-"

She argues, "No. No promises of never leaving or never going anywhere or anything like that. Derek did that and a few days later he was dead! So don't say it!"

Aurora's cries are heard, Ivy nods, "I'll get her."

Ivy quickly makes her way to their youngest daughter's room and picks her up, "Hello my sleeping beauty. I missed you. Yes, I missed you too," she snuggles up to her daughter, rocking her back to the living room.

"I wasn't lying when I said that the kids and I missed you. Why didn't you come home?" Jackson asks, moving to stand behind her, wrapping his arms around them.

"I-I honestly don't know. I think Catherine was right. I was mad at Maggie and a little mad at you. I knew I had no reason to be mad at you so I guess I was trying to figure out what the hell I was actually feeling. She's right, I was scared. Scared that you liked Maggie's kiss and the only reason you pushed her away was because I was there," Ivy admits.

Jackson turns her face to be able to kiss her, "Thats not why I pushed her away. I pushed her away because she's not who I want. Anyone but you is not who I want. You are the love of my life and nothing is going to change that. I'm not going anywhere. I know that phrase scares you, but it's true. The only thing that will take me away from you or you away from me is death. I promise you that."

Ivy nods, "Okay. Okay. I hear you-"

He shakes his head, "No, believe me. Please."

"I-I-I don't know if I can. It's blown up in my face to many times," she sniffles.

"I know, but this one won't. I'm right here," Jackson puts Aurora in the pack and play before cradling Ivys head to him, "I'm here."

○○○○
14x18

Ivy is about to get off the elevator when she hears her husband's voice, "Are you sure this is your stop?"

She smiles, looking up at him, "Maybe not."

Jackson shakes his head, "No, it's not."

They just stand with her back to his front, his arms wrapped around her waist, enjoying each other's company.

"I missed you," he whispers, kissing her neck.

"I missed you too. I'm sorry-"