Someone New (CAP)

CAP waundered around the park. It was twilight and the place was dead. His mind was plagued with depressed thoughts. He stuffed his hands in his pockets and sighed. It was only last week that he had found out that his girlfriend of almost four years was cheating on him. 

*Flash back*

CAP had gone to the bowling ally with friends. They had decided, since it was a friday, that they wanted to relieve some stress. After tossing ideas around, the group of six decided to just go bowling. Every thing was fine until about half way through the game. The group had divided into pairs and it was CAP's turn to bowl. 

"Uh...CAP....I hate to be the one to tell you this, but I don't think your girlfriend is as faithful as she seems. To the left of us," his partner for the match whispered in his ear as if they were talking about game plays. 

CAP glanced out of the corner of his eye and wished he hadn't. His girlfriend was loving up on some other guy. CAP's heart shattered. He loved her with everything he had in him, but she apparently didn't love him. A storm was raging in him. Should he confront her? Or just leave them be and drop her from his life?  He bowled like nothing was wrong and walked back to his place. CAP looked around like he was curious what was going on around him and froze when he saw his girlfriend and the other guy.  They saw each other at the same time and the girl's eyes widened. CAP felt his eyes water as he turned and left the building. 

*End of flashback*

This last week hadn't been easy on him at all. It had been so depressing and tiring. CAP was so wrapped up in his thoughts, he wasn't paying much attention to where he was going. 

"Oh! I'm sorry," he heard right when he felt a bump. 

CAP looked down and his eyes widened. Standing in front of him was a perfect girl as he saw it. "Nah it's all good. Are you okay?"

The girl blushed a little. "Yeah." They began to walk away from each other when the girl spun around. "Hey, I was going for ice cream, wanna come?"

"Hm?"

"You look like you could really use someone to talk to. Wanna come get ice cream?"

"Sure," CAP agreed. 

Honestly, he had no idea why he had agreed to it. But he followed the girl down the street a block to a small ice cream shop. 

"It may not look like much, but they serve really good handmade ice cream," the girl suddenly said. 

CAP slightly smiled for the first time in a week and silently followed her into the shop. They looked at the case and chose their flavours. Regular chocolate for him and mint chip for her. The pair sat at the corner table by the window. 

"I'm Suzie by the way but everyone calls me SuSu," the girl said. 

CAP dipped his head and SuSu giggled. "And I am the one and only CAP."

They joked and devoured their ice cream. It was a few minutes after finding our SuSu's name that he felt something cold and wet on his cheek. CAP picked up a napkin and wiped his cheek only to find a bit of ice cream on the napkin. He saw SuSu looking around like she hadn't done anything. CAP smirked and flung a bit of his own ice cream at her. It landed on her nose and she gasped from the coldness. She wiped her nose and stuck her tounge out at CAP. It shocked him that they were acting like this. It was like they had known each other forever. He had finally found someone to fill the void in his life. Where they would go, even if they just remained friends, CAP didn't care. He had found someone new.