Go Cart Racing (Kai)

Written by AmberHansen8

I waited by the go-cart track nervously. This was the third blind date I had been on. And that wasn't by choice. If I had any say, I'd be curled up at home reading. 

"Hey, by chance is your name ________?" A voice asked from behind me. 

I turned around to see a drool-worthy guy. Slightly tanned skin and brown hair.

"Yeah," I answered. 

He smiled. "I'm Kai. Shall we get in line?"

I nodded and we waited for our turn. Once it was our turn, I raced to get a dark blue cart.  Before we could race, we had to listen to the guy drone on and on about the safety of racing. No bumping or anything like that. If we bumped into the wall and couldn't get ourselves moving again, we had to raise our hands. Boring stuff. Finally, he moved out of the way and opened the gate so we could go onto the track. I did the whole pedal-to-the-metal thing. I grinned as I took off. The entire race, whenever Kai thought the guy wasn't looking, he bumped my cart. Once or twice I threw a questioning look back at him and he just smirked. When the race ended, I won, but because of Kai's bumping me, we were kicked out of the place. 

"So what shall we do now?" Kai asked as we left the place. 

I thought a moment. "Ever window-shopped?"

"Not in a while."

"Then we can window shop."

With that, we were off. We joked and laughed as we looked at the window displays. Kai told me funny stories about his friends and I told a few of mine. When we got hungry, we stopped at a ramen shop. It just sounded good to us. After eating, Kai walked me home. 

"Can I tell you something?" Kai asked. 

"Sure."

He nibbled on his bottom lip for a moment. "When Chanyeol first told me about this date, I was nervous. I haven't been on too many blind dates before. But then your friend, his girlfriend, kept telling me about you. Just little things. And the more I heard, the more I wanted to know you. I mean I was still nervous, but I'm glad I agreed."

We stopped in front of my place. It was already time for goodbye?

"Honestly, she didn't tell me anything about you. Just told me I would know you when I saw you kind of thing," I answered. 

"Hey, _______, do you think we could do this again?"

"Another date?"

"Yeah."

"Sure."

"Can we switch numbers and then decide on a day and place?"

We swapped numbers and I headed inside. I was happy that I had actually gone on the date. I couldn't wait for the next date with Kai.