I love you anyway (Tao)

So this brings to light something most don't want to talk about. But I'm going to anyway. I know a lot of girls think bad about their bodies and have issues with it (I know cuz I'm one of them). It makes life a bit harder. It's a daily battle to see how we look in a positive light. But as Oscar Wilde said, "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." So love your body for how it is. Flaws and all. Every girl is beautiful.

 I looked around at the other girls. I tried to stay away from everyone else. I just didn't feel like they all did. I felt way bigger than them. It was a problem I had, had for more years than I can count. Ever since grade school and getting picked on for the bit of chubbiness that I had. I knew that I wasn't bigger than the other girls somewhere deep in my mind, but the part that told me I was, was overpowering.

"Wait up ______!" Someone shouted from behind me.

I knew it was Tao. He was the only person that was anything close to a friend. He saw pasted what others saw. Though I didn't know what he saw in me though. I bet it wasn't much.

"Anyone home?" A voice questioned from right in front of me.

I snapped back to the present. "Yes."

"You okay?" Tao asked.

"Yes," I lied.

I was never fine. To me fine meant f-ed up, insecure, neurotic, and exposed. It was never anything good. But I didn't tell anyone else that.

"So bubble tea okay?" He asked.

"Sure."

And with that we were off. I didn't actually want bubble tea. I felt it just added to the weight that people say. We spent the rest of the afternoon together. I could tell that Tao felt something was off, but he didn't say what it was. At the end of the day, after undressing for my bath, I stared at myself in the mirror. No matter what I did, I could never seem to get my body to look like all the other girls. Nothing ever worked. I tried this and that. All the little diet tips. But nothing worked. I was left feeling a bit despressed. I tore my gaze away from the mirror and hoped in the shower.

I woke up to my phone going off.

"Hello?" I sleepily answered.

"Hey it's Dana from school. Can you come to the dress shop by the school? I need a bit of help."

"How'd you get my number."

"I asked Tao for it. I wanted to ask you myself instead of going through someone else."

"When?"

"About an hour."

"Sure."

With that I hung up. I stretched and almost fell out of my bed. I quickly dressed and brushed my hair and teeth. After grabbing my bag, I thought about eating breakfast, but decided to skip it. Maybe it would help with shaping my figure a bit. It took me almost half an hour to get to the shop. It wasn't a big shop. Just a smaller, almost mom and pop one. I looked around to see I was the first one to get there. Well I thought I was.

"Oh look who it is," I heard a voice behind me sneer.

I snapped around to see a group of girls my age standing there. This couldn't be good. I had read a bunch of stuff where things like this happened and it never ended well in any of them.

"I can't believe you actually showed up. Why would I ever need help from you? You're like three times my size."

"Shut it!" A more familiar voice yelled. I looked to see Tao there. When the heck did he get there? "______ is beautiful the way she is. That's why I like, no love her. There isn't anything wrong with her. If there was anything, it would be her heart and how much she cares for everyone. But some people like you just take advantage of that. So just go away and leave us alone."

The girls glared at us and left. I stood there, gaping at Tao. Did he really mean what he said? He loved me? Tao seemed to snap back to his senses and slowly turned. He looked at the ground and blushed.

"I wasn't expecting for you to find out like that," Tao said with a slight blush.

It took me a minute to answer. "You really feel that way?"

Tao looked up. "I do. It hurt so much to know that you were feeling everything and taking it on by yourself. I wanted to help so bad. But I never knew how. But I want to be there for you. From now and forever. Be mine?"