Confetti (Jimin)

Written by AmberHansen8

"What is it about I don't love you don't you get?" He demanded. 

"Is that the way you really feel?" I answered. 

"Yes."

"Then I will honor your wishes," I told him as I walked away. 

Why couldn't he understand how much I loved him? I kept my head up as my heart shattered into nothing. But that was the day my life changed. I slowly sank into depression and became a robot. Going from one place to another, not really eating, shutting myself out from the world. All of my friends tried to help, but no one could and they all just left. And the guy I loved, Jimin, had no idea. He had sent me a wedding invitation four months after that day. 

I know we haven't talked in a while, but I'd like you to show up. 

I stared at the tiny note that was scribbled at the bottom. How could Jimin do this to me? But, I decided to put on a front and pretend to be happy for him. I had a couple months to try and get myself looking happy again for him. It wasn't easy. I had to almost double my food intake, get my hair done, and get a facial to try to reduce the eye bags I had. Yes, I hadn't been taking proper care of myself. My final thing to do was to find the right dress. After four hours, I finally did. A pale blue dress that hugged my figure until my waist where it flared out. It fell to my knees and made me look totally cute. I managed to find the right shoes a few stores later. 

By the time the wedding rolled around, I was sure that I could put on a happy face for him. That day was probably the hardest in my life. Watching the love of my life marry someone else and pretending to be happy for them. Once it was time to leave for the wedding, I prepped and left. On the way there, I tried to clear my head of everything I felt for him so that went I got there I wouldn't feel anything. 

Four hours later, I was watching the love of my life marry his love.  My heart broke in tiny confetti pieces as I watched Jimin kiss her. As the guests threw confetti, I threw the pieces of my heart.