Beach Meeting (Kris)

Written by AmberHansen8

I walked the shoreline, thinking about my ex-boyfriend, Hyun Su. I had been completely faithful to him and he just had to cheat on me like that. We had been together for almost six months and had our break up about two weeks ago. I had stumbled upon Hyun Su making out with some girl in the park that night. I yelled at him, asking him why he had to do it. Since I felt slapping wasn't good enough, I kicked him where no guy ever wants to be kicked. I zoned back to the present and sat down. I just stared at the waves coming in. The sound was really calming and helped to relax my mind. 

"So, I'm Kris. What's your name?" I heard a deep voice ask from beside me. 

I turned to see a blonde-haired and pink-lipped guy sitting next to me. "_______."

"Pretty name for a pretty girl."

"Um, thanks."

"Something wrong?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. 

"Not much."

"If you need to talk, I'm here."

"But you don't know me."

"I don't have to know you to be able to listen."

"That's true."

He smiled for a second. "So what's bothering you."

"Well, it's boy trouble."

"Not my forte, but I'll still listen."

I sighed. "About two weeks ago, I found my now ex-boyfriend making out with some girl in a park. I don't really know why he was doing it, but he said he didn't love me. And we were together for almost six months. I was faithful to him but I guess it wasn't good enough. But it did make me mad and I felt a slap wasn't good enough."

"What did you do to him?"

"Kicked him where no guy ever wants to be kicked."

Kris's eyes widened. "There?"

I nodded. "Yep."

"Okay. I will remind myself not to make you mad. Anyway, do you have anything to do today?"

"Um, no. Why?"

"Well, on my way here, I passed an arcade. But it seems silly for me to go there alone, so will you go with me?"

I debated it for a moment. There didn't seem to be anything to lose. Kris seemed to be a good guy. "Sure."

We got up and dusted off before heading to the arcade. And only once we stood, did I realize how tall Kris was. It really made me think of him as a giant teddy bear. Once we got to the arcade, we bought a bunch of tokens and tried to decide what game to play. We ended up playing ski ball. I think we played almost every game before Kris froze in front of the basketball game. 

"You know how to play?" He asked me. 

"Not really."

"Try shooting a basket. If you miss, I'll help you."

I inserted a couple of tokens. The game released the basketballs and I picked one up. I took a deep breath and made the shot. But, it was missed. Hit the rim and bounced off. 

"Here try putting your arms like this," Kris said as he moved to help me.

Having him so close made me blush. I'd never had a guy act like this towards me. Hyun Su never did anything like this. Thanks to Kris's help, the second ball went in the hoop. He stood by as I made another basket. I did as he had told me and it went in the hoop.

"See that's all you have to do," he said into my ear. 

It made me blush and I looked up at him. I hadn't known until then how close he was. I tried to look away, but he put a hand on my cheek to stop me. So we just stared at each other. After a moment, his face drew closer to mine. My eyes closed naturally as his lips landed on mine. It was the softest and sweetest kiss I had ever had. After we broke it, I hugged him and buried my face into his chest. He shot the rest of the baskets and put his arms around me. 

"I'm glad I got the courage to talk to you," Kris whispered to me.