Just Friends pt 2 (Chen)

Written by AmberHansen8

*His POV*

Aish! Why can't I stop thinking about her? She's my best friend for crying out loud! But, as I made my way to the lunch room, she filled my mind. Her smile, her laugh, the way her eyes would light up when she was excited. When I got to the lunch room, my heart froze. ________ was laughing and joking with the new kid like she used to do to me. I mean, we were still kind of like that, but it wasn't anything like before. She seemed more guarded around me for some reason. I tore my eyes away from _________ and Tao before I got emotional enough to do anything. But why was I like this? Why was I feeling like this? I knew she was friends with Xiumin too, but the way she acted towards him didn't affect me like how she was acting with this Tao kid. 

*Tao POV*

Everything was working according to the last-minute plan _____ and Xiumin had told me. Basically ______ and I just acted really friendly. It was to see what Chen would do. If he reacted even the least bit, then it was possible he felt something for her, but if he didn't, I wasn't sure about that. I was just going to play my part. 

"What flavor milk?" I asked _____. 

She tilted her head to the side. "Um, chocolate. So how are you and Kris?"

"Fine. He's busy with baseball most days though," I answered as I grabbed her milk. 

"And you're fine with that?" 

I nodded and we headed to an open table in the corner of the room. It seemed to be one of the only empty tables. We were really social rejects, but we didn't want to talk around a lot of people. We wanted to be able to hear what we were saying. 

"Do you think he'll do anything?" I asked. 

"Chen? I don't know. I thought I saw him out of the corner of my eye when we were in line. But I guess not. I think he's too hung up on Eun Bae," _______ responded. 

"He was here actually. But he walked away after seeing us."

"Do you think Xiumin's plan will work?"

"I hope so. I don't like seeing you all sad like this."

"Sorry."

I shook my head. "No need to apologize."

"I just can't help it. And I don't think he thinks of me as anything other than a friend."

"You never know."

*Chen POV*

The last class had just ended for the day and I still couldn't figure out why my chest ached when I saw _____ with Tao.