Instant Liking (Ravi)

Written by AmberHansen8

 I slipped on my headphones and began my run. It was hard no to stop and dance as 'Oh my goddess' by Trax came on. I loved the song. It was up beat and good for running too. I smiled at the nieghbors I ran past and the few I saw on my way into town. I ran along the main street and to the beach. As I ran, my mind turned to him. I didn't know his name or anything about him. Him was a guy I saw on every run for the past almost four months. And he was seriously cute. But I couldn't find the courage to say hello. I was so wrapped up in my thoughts, I thought I bumped into a wall. Due to my luck, that wall turned out to be a person. I looked up to see who it was. Yep. It just had to be him. 

 "Are you okay?" He asked with a look of concern. 

 I took out the headphone I still had in. "I'm fine."

 "Hey! I know you. You're the girl I always see running." 

 "That'd be me," I said calmly, when inside I was freaking out. 

 "Well, want to grab coffee or something?" I froze for a moment. He was asking me out? The heck do I say to that? "Hey you okay? Do you help at all?" He asked.

 I recovered. "I'm all good. Coffee sounds nice."

 He offered his arm I took. And we were off. After about ten minutes of walking, we reached a cute little cafe. It smell of coffee and freshly baked cookies.

 "I usually come here whenever I have time. It's nice to get away," he explained as we sat down at a table. Well, I was only able to sit after he pulled my chair out. And he sat after making sure I was comfortable. The waitress came by and we placed our orders. Turns out we liked the same thing. Peppermint coffee and chocolate chip cookies.

 "Oh!" He suddenly exclaimed. "I totally forgot to introduce myself. I'm Ravi."

 I smiled at his cuteness. "I'm ________." 

 "That's a really pretty name," Ravi said, winking at me. 

 I blushed and our food arriving saved me from answering. We talked and laughed for over an hour. Both of us agreed that we just clicked almost instantly. Though it was kind of weird to get along with someone so fast, but I kind of liked it. When we were done at the cafe, Ravi walked me home. 

 "Can we meet up again?" He asked when we got to my door.

 "Sure," I answered. "When?"

"Tomorrow and same time as today." We switched numbers and he walked off as I turned to unlock my door. I almost had my door unlocked when I felt an arm wrap around my waist. 

 "Thanks for today," a familiar voice said. "Can't wait for tomorrow." 

 With a kiss on my cheek, he was off.