ch 7: Breakfast

Peter's pov

I couldn't believe it. He was drunk, brought a girl home, and introduced me as trash. What a mess. I despised it, but let's turn the tables and ruin this for him. I headed to his room, and the door was wide open. I was taken aback by the scene. I saw him kissing her lips, slapping her butt, and putting his—I shouldn't have seen that.

I quietly closed the door, eyes shut tight, and hurried away. My chance now!

With the bodyguards absent, I went to his office, searching for anything that might help me. I found files containing numbers and locations of Blackstone safe houses and information about some of the leaders. I returned everything to its place.

Let's play it safe for a while.

I went downstairs. I opened the TV and put on a movie. The door was opened then shut. I looked towards it to see who the coming is.

"Hey, David."

"Hey, Peter."

"Did you have a good day?"

"Yes. Do you want to go out?"

"So much."

"Okay, let's go eat ice cream." He offered, smiling.

"Yey... What about Marco?" I asked sadly.

"Never mind," he said.

I nodded and went to put my shoes on. We went to the ice cream store, a big place with various flavors. We chose what we wanted and headed to the beach to enjoy them.

I nodded and went to put my shoes on. We went out to the ice-cream store. It was a big shop and has different species of ice-cream. We chose what we wanted. Then he took me to the beach. We sat there eating them.

"Do you think Cole hates me?" I asked him.

"No," he replied, though not sounding entirely convinced.

I giggled at his attempt to reassure me.

"What?" he asked, confused.

"It's like saying the earth is flat," I said sarcastically.

"Oh, maybe he is a little harsh, but you are still his brother."

"Little harsh? He's like the men in Blackstone," I said with a smirk.

"How so?"

"They think all the things they have, they own. They are bad, even with each other," I explained.

"You can tell Marco what's bothering you."

"Yeah, yeah. One of his rules was not to interfere with him, not to ask or discuss anything with him," I informed him.

"I don't know what got into him. He wasn't like that, or we didn't notice this change in him," he said with disbelief.

I sighed. "Anyway, thank you."

" Your welcome."

We drove home. I went to my room and fell asleep.

The next morning™

I woke up early, opened my window to let in some fresh air, and eyed the huge garden.

It contained different types of plants, with flowers like roses, sunflowers, lilies, and daisies, offering a beautiful array of colors and scents. There were also various vegetables growing—tomatoes, carrots, sweet potatoes, cauliflower, bell peppers—all fresh and free from chemicals.

The garden featured lush green grass, making it ideal for exercise. And, of course, there was a large covered swimming pool surrounded by chairs.

There was a doghouse, too, but I hoped not to encounter any dogs. They scared me.