ch 19: Our mother is dead

Peter's pov

After school, a sense of dread accompanied me as I returned home. Upon entering my room, I was met with an ominous sight—my brother seated on my bed, a belt ominously clutched in his hand.

"Ohh sir, what's going on?" I nervously inquired, instinctively taking steps backward.

"Where were you? They called me and told me you skipped your first period!" he thundered, his deep voice reverberating through the room.

"I didn't find the class, I'm sorry," I hastily concocted an excuse with my terrified mind.

"Alright, bend over the bed," he coldly commanded.

"Y-you, ohh, will spank me because I couldn't find the c-class?" I stuttered, my heart racing.

"Because you went to the third floor, disobeyed me again, and stole my money," he explained with an unnerving calmness.

Oh, God, how did he know!?

"What? No," I attempted to reject the accusation, desperation tainting my voice.

"And now you're lying," he declared, standing up and walking towards me.

"Just check the cameras."

"Yeah, the hacked cameras! I checked them," he smirked, a chilling confidence in his revelation.

"I-i-" I stammered, my ability to form a coherent sentence slipping away.

He knew everything. I was caught. I am busted! The room seemed to close in on me as the harsh reality of my actions unfolded.

"Come on, I don't have all day, or I'll call the boys," he snarled, gripping my arm harshly.

"I did that to save my mother," I mumbled, my voice barely audible.

"Your mother? He is still talking about his mother! Oh God, give me patience," he sighed, rubbing his face with frustration.

"You don't even care to save her, but I do," I tried to shift the blame onto him.

"Why do I care about the woman who kidnapped you? Silly!" he yelled, his frustration boiling over.

"Stop it! It's my mother. Don't say that, Cole. I have nothing to do with whatever happen between her and dad, if she ran away with me or he cheated on your mom with her but she still my mother." I pleaded, attempting to make him feel guilty.

"You know what? I don't know what that woman told you, but she is not your mother. Your mother is dead... Our mother is dead," he said, locking eyes with me.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, my shock palpable.

"You are not an illegitimate child, and you are not a kid whose mother ran away with. You were kidnapped just few hours after your birth, and the woman who raised you isn't your biological mother," he explained, dropping a bomb that shattered my reality.

My eyes widened at his words. I was kidnapped? I lived a lie my whole life?

"No, don't say that! No, impossible!" I shook my head, the ground beneath me feeling unstable.

"Our mom died when she gave birth to you. Anyway, obviously, the woman who pretends she is your mother knows who you are, so she told them and they tricked you and me," he clarified, each word echoing through my disoriented mind.

"You don't have to. Bend over," he said coldly, his indifference slicing through the air, devoid of any attempt to calm me or acknowledge the storm inside.

"No, it's your fault. You didn't tell me that in the first place, or I haven't done all these things!" I yelled, desperation lacing my voice.

"Are you blaming me for your stupidity?" he retorted, a cold chuckle accompanying his firm words.