ch 54: My dream had come true?

Peter's pov

I knew that he would find out sooner or later but I didn't want him to know like this. I was just figuring out how I would tell him. I didn't want to ruin those moments. I didn't want him to turn on his angry mode. I didn't want to face his wrath.

He was drinking. I don't know what happened with Dave but he is so pissed. I wanted to talk. He took the sheet and saw that big F. He was filled with frustration.

He looked at me and I mouthed ‘I'm sorry.’ He threw his glass. That made me freak out.

He will beat me again. He will let me wish to die. He will make me cry and whine. He left for his room. Ohh he will get the belt. I couldn't wait for him to hurt me. I left the house and I ran away.

I was stopped by Luke on his way to the house. " What are you doing?"

" Jogging." I said smiling

" With your socks?" He smirked

He caught me up. I can't run away from my brother

" Are you scared? Was Marco mad at you?" Luke asked concerned

I nodded

" Get in, I'll take you somewhere safer to calm down."

" I don't want him to find me, take me to the man who my brother was about to kill." I told him

" What? You want your brother to kill me?"

" No, he won't find out."

" What if he pressures me? You know him."

" Please Luke." I begged

He sighed, knowing that if he didn't take me I would run to where he couldn't find me too.

He drove to that man's house after he called some friends, asking about the house. He told him that I need to stay with him for a while

" Yes, it's my pleasure, come in sir." The man said, giving me a flip-flop.

" Thank you." I came into his house

He talked with Luke then entered the house

" I'm Dexter, sir, this is my wife Lola."

" Nice to meet you, ma'am," I said

She nodded, smiling, putting a plate with cookies and glass of juice in front of us.

" This is my son Greg. He is 10 years old."

" Yeah so cute." I said

" I'm sorry for what happened that day. I swear I didn't know you were his brother."

" It's in the past."

" I can't forget how you saved my life and how you stood in front of your brother. I can't imagine what Marco did to you after it."

" Don't think of it." I said

He sat with me and was taking care of me. Little by little, I told him what happened to me and my brother and that I had run away.

He didn't mind to hide me for a while. He took me to the park with his son. I watched his son playing with another kid. Dexter came with some ice cream.

" Thank you."

" You're welcome. I think that you shouldn't run away. Your brother would be so worried. He would be searching for you under and on the ground. You can't be scared of your family even if Marco seems a little bit harsh. Believe me, he doesn't like to hurt you. He is cold-blooded and doesn't like to show his emotions but deep down, he cares and loves you a lot."  He advised