ch 27: Fire and ice colliding

Marco's pov

I woke up in a terrible mood, actively avoiding Peter as much as possible. After dropping him off at school, I headed to the office, wondering about Miles and his whereabouts.

Determined to get some answers, I grabbed my phone and dialed Levio. He picked up, and I immediately inquired about Miles. Levio reassured me that he was fine. Suddenly, I spotted him besides the coffee shop, engaging in a suspicious exchange with another kid. Money and a small plastic bag changed hands. Concerned, I couldn't discern whether it was related to drugs from my distance. I decided to ask Peter later; maybe he had some insights.

Trying to push aside my worries, I drove to the company. Once in my office, I attempted to focus on studying some files, but my mind kept drifting back to Miles's unsettling situation.

I received a call and, upon checking the caller ID, answered with a casual, "Morning, Dave."

"Morning. Your appointment at 11 am, don't miss it, please. It's not for anyone but you," he reminded me.

"Don't worry," I reassured him, "they called me, and I confirmed the appointment."

"Nice. Thank God, you finally accepted it."

"Yes. I found some fun," I said, sporting a big smirk that Dave could practically see through the phone.

"What? Do you like the therapist from dinner? Goodness!"

"He left a good impression. Continue your business trip, let Sofia come, and I'll fill you in."

"Oh, I'm going to speed things up here. See ya." Dave promptly hung up the phone.

I joined a meeting and after it, I began reviewing some files, only to discover a slew of mistakes that set my blood boiling with anger. Frustrated, I immediately called my secretary, instructing her to summon all the directors in the company. I was ready to unleash my wrath, so I scolded them vehemently and demanded they rectify their errors. I gave them a tight deadline of two hours to set things right.

By 11 am, I shifted my focus from the chaos at the office to a different kind of appointment – with the therapist. I wasn't there for a session, I came for some amusement. Matilda's secretary greeted me upon arrival and guided me to the room where Matilda awaited, her charismatic figure poised for our unconventional meeting.

"Ah, God, Marco," she shook her head.

"Yep, with his flesh and blood."

"I have no time for your games; I'm waiting for a patient," she said, clearly annoyed.

"Oh, yeah," I replied nonchalantly, puting my jacket onto a nearby chair and settling into the comfortable seat.

"Marco!" She raised her voice.

"Calm down, it's me, the patient," I told her.

"What? No! It's Cole."

"Yes, my first name."

"Your what? Ohh God, I can't believe your tricks."

"No, it's not. Dave took this appointment too, and I wanted it to be secretive, so he used my first name."

"Anyway, I can't accept this. I have standards. I can't accept patients whom I am related to."

"We don't really know each other, it has been three years." I smirked.

"Ahh, why are you doing this?" She glared at me.

"Did I seem like I'm still in love with you or something? I'm here to find a solution for my anger, and I don't think I'll open up to another therapist. Be professional," I stated, giving her my reasons.