ch 32: Adrian

Marco's pov

After my meeting, I caught up with all my buddies at one of Nicolas's restaurants for lunch. Levio and I were cracking jokes, but I noticed Sofia and David shooting me disapproving looks.

"What's up, guys? Did I miss something? Why the judgmental stares?" I shot them a questioning look.

"How could you slap him like that?" David inquired.

"He had it coming. It's none of your business, just a personal matter between him and me," I dismissed.

"Really? We're talking like this now? Because when you're in the wrong, you don't like anyone giving you advice," Sofia retorted.

"Hey, what did I miss?" Levio chimed in, looking confused.

"Shut it or I'm out," I warned.

Sofia and David sighed, continuing to shoot disapproving glances my way.

"I tracked down that therapist for you guys, and you won't guess who," I announced.

"Wait, you actually went to see a therapist like we wanted?" Sofia questioned.

"Oh, that's nice of you," Levio chimed in sarcastically.

"Come on, guys. Let him spill. Who is it?" David urged, rolling his eyes.

"Matilda Rivera," I revealed.

Their reactions were immediate – gasps and curses filled the air as they exchanged shocked glances.

"Your ex?" Sofia questioned.

"Bingo," I chuckled.

"Wow, look at me, the expert at picking therapists," David smirked.

"That's the only reason I didn't punch you for tricking me," I retorted.

"She's a sweet girl. So, you didn't see a therapist because she refused, right?" Levio teased.

"Nope, she accepted me. We need to be professional," I quoted what she said.

They burst into laughter, and I raised my eyebrow at them. It's my fault for sharing this with them.

After lunch, I went to pick up my brother and spotted Miles leaving school. I called him, and he approached.

"Hey, Marco."

"Don't 'hey' me, get in," I said, glaring at him.

He seemed confused but got into the car. "Did I—"

"Shut your hole. Listen up, I know what you're doing. You better stop."

"What are you talking about?"

"Drugs? Really, Miles? We talked about the weeds last time, and now drugs?"

He looked down without saying anything.

"I can't understand you, Mil. Why? Do you want to end up like an addicted, disgusting man?" I questioned.

He remained silent.

"Answer," I growled, shaking him with my right hand.

"No," he said, tears streaming down his face. He wiped them aggressively. I lectured him, and then we stayed silent, waiting for Peter.

"Are you gonna tell my brother?" Miles asked, fear evident in his eyes.

"I dunno, but what I know is we'll help you stop this poison," I replied.

"We?" he questioned.

"David and Sofia know too."

"Oh, God!" he groaned.