ch 21: Bracelet

Peter's pov

I didn't see much of Cole in the house lately; he seemed busy all the time. The silver lining was that he allowed me to visit Miles and go to the gym.

However, a sinking feeling crept in as I realized I couldn't find my bracelet. Panic set in, and I and Luke frantically searched every nook and cranny in the house—closet, nightstand, under the bed, under the mattress, bathroom, living room, kitchen, and even the garden, but it was nowhere to be found.

Feeling a sense of loss, I called Miles for help. "Hey, Milo."

"Hey, pretty boy."

"What's with the nicknames! Anyway, I can't find my bracelet. Can you search for it in your house?"

"Yes, of course. You, calm down and try to remember where you put it, okay?"

"Yes, thank you."

"I'll call you back, pretty boy." He chuckled.

"Say it again, and I will kick you in your balls." I threatened.

"Haha, okay, calm down, man." He laughed.

I hung up, smirking. What a tease! 

Turning to Luke, I asked, "Luke, can you take me to school? And the gym?"

"Yeah, sure." He put his phone down and stood up.

Despite my attempts to stay calm, a wave of sadness washed over me. The missing bracelet held sentimental value, and its absence left a void that weighed on my emotions.

He took me to school, and together we scoured the classes, the halls, and even the garden in a desperate search for my missing bracelet. The gym offered no reprieve either. Disheartened, we returned home, and I entered the living room to find Cole already there.

"Where were you?" My brother inquired.

"At the school and the Gym."

"What where you doing there?" 

"Searching for something I lost." 

"Oh okay!" 

"Tired!" I groaned as I slumped onto the couch.

"I just wanted to tell you that we surrounded the headquarters of the Mafia. We captured dozens of children, women, and some of their men. Unfortunately, we couldn't identify the woman who kidnapped you or Bryce."

"They ran away?" I asked, my curiosity piqued.

"Yes, once they realized about the fake money."

"What will you do with the kids and women?" I questioned, wary of the potential outcomes.

"Nothing harmful. The kids are under the care of the government, and the women will receive financial support to restart their lives. Social services will provide ongoing assistance."

"It sounds good," I said, managing a smile.

"Yeah."

"There's a kid named Adrian. Where is he?" I inquired, concerned for my.

"I'll take you to see him," Cole responded.

"Really?" My face lit up with happiness. "Thank you very much."

"You're welcome," he said, blinking twice. There was a subtle softness in his expression, a momentary departure from his usual stern demeanor.

I excused myself and headed to my room. Finishing up my homework, I racked my brain, trying to recall where I might have left my precious bracelet.