ch 4: Waking up

Peter pov

I blinked my eyes open, greeted by the soft comfort of the bed. A gentle haze lingered, and as I surveyed the unfamiliar room, a symphony of cool navy blue walls and the scent of wood enveloped me. The bed cradled me like a warm embrace, the sheets pristine, and the blanket a reminiscent touch of my mother's cuddles. Wooden furniture adorned the room – a substantial TV, a sturdy desk, a nightstand, and a dresser. The room felt like a haven.

Birds outside serenaded with their twitterings and chirps, bringing a smile to my face. Just as I contemplated rising, a light poke on my hand diverted my attention. I noticed a serum and various machines attached to me, and upon self-inspection, the healing bruises and the absence of pain in my body surprised me.

"Oh, you're awake." A woman entered the room, the same one who had saved me.

I greeted her with a grateful smile. "Yes."

"Are you feeling good?"

"Yes, thanks, you saved my ass." I said gratefully

"You're welcome, it's my job."

"Are you from them? I thought they would leave me alone." I asked happily

"No, I'm not from Blackstone." She replied simply.

"So I'm really his b-b-bro... Even the word couldn't come out." I stammered, overwhelmed.

"Yes, you are. When we searched your files, we found out that you are his brother on the files... We are just waiting for the DNA test to be confirmed by the blood." She revealed, and the implications of this revelation hit me like a tidal wave.

"What the hell? If it is true, he won't kill me?"

"We dunno." The woman replied

"So If it's true then I was going to poison my own brother? How can this be?I have never heard in my life that I have a brother." In disbelief, I questioned the motive behind sending me.

"Honestly we dunno, but what I'm sure about is they sent you to make him kill you. They are well aware of the good security system he has." A man entered the room saying

"Impossible!"

"Everything is possible." He shook his head.

"Why would they do that?"

"You are his lost brother. He didn't find you, and when he found you, he just killed you. Then they will send his files, and he will get shocked and depressed when he knows that he killed the brother he was searching for." He explained

"The fuckers!" I seethed.

"You are talking like he is really his brother." The girl said confused.

"Well, according to the DNA test results in my hand, they are 100% brothers." The man said, his happiness contrasting the gravity of the situation.

"Oh, God!" I was startled.

"Then for sure, they send him on purpose. How do they know about him?" The woman asked.

"I dunno... They can't know that he is his brother... It's Impossible."

"Not Impossible if they found my files before." I said

"Anyway, we will find out. By the way, I'm David." He seemed that he just wanted to close the topic.

"I'm Sofia."