ch 15: You know what I like the most?

Peter's pov

No sorry, no nothing. Just him, stuck in his tough guy act. Can't stand it. Hate him for it.

I went with Levio to his house. "Come in."

"Thank you."

"Miles!" He called then turned to me smiling, "Please make yourself at home."

"That's nice of you." I smiled back.

He ruffled my hair. A boy around my age walked down the stairs. "Yes, Lev. Ohh hey, Peter I guess?" He said with a warm smile.

"Yes, nice to meet you," I said, smiling back.

"So meeting you."

"May you show him his room?" Levio asked gently.

"Of course, let's go Peter."

As Miles helped me settle into the room, my mind raced with conflicted thoughts. He is so kind, non-judgemental and friendly.

"I knew your brother for years. I don't like how he is treating you, such a jerk," Miles said as he opened the window.

"He is a jerk," I confirmed, my emotions a mix of frustration and confusion.

"I'm sorry."

"You didn't do anything."

"I know. Marco wasn't like this."

"All his friends say the same thing."

He pressed his lips then said excitedly, "David told me that you will study in my school."

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah, you won't be alone. I'll help you around," Miles assured me.

"Thank you."

"Miles!" Levio called from the door.

"Yes, Lev?"

"If you want to hang out together, I don't have a problem. I'm getting out. This is my card." Levio handed Miles a card.

"Thank you, bro."

"Thank you." I said politely.

"Welcome, boys. 6 pm at home," Levio reminded.

"I know Lev." Miles said, rolling his eyes.

Levio chuckled and went out, leaving us alone at home. Miles grabbed some snacks from the kitchen and I switched on the XBOX. We sat there playing various games.

"Ohh yeah, aren't you supposed to be at school right?" I asked, trying to distract myself from the recent chaos.

"Yes, Levio took this day off for me, thanks for you," Miles replied.

"So lucky, where are your parents?" I questioned.

"Living in New York City."

"Why do you live in LA then?"

"I have a little issue with my family. They prefer my sister over me so I made Levio convince them to take me to live with him and luckily, they accepted. Anyway, they are with their lovely girl." Miles shared, sadness flickering in his eyes, momentarily revealing the challenges beneath his cheerful exterior.

"And I win again," I said, trying to ease the atmosphere.

"Impossible, you were cheating, you distracted me and won?" Miles protested.

"You can focus when you talk," I teased, attempting to bring some levity.

"No! Ohh dork." He punched my arm playfully and I chuckled.