Chapter 46

" Alright, what do you wanna do now?" JJ asks as we wade back to shore.

" It's up to you but, I was thinking about a party?" I say, as we finally get to shore.

" Sounds like a plan, where is it?" JJ asks, as we walk back to where our stuff is.

" It's like right on the edge of the cut, not to far from Guffy's." I explain.

" Okay, deeper into the woods or closer to the main rode." JJ asks, grabbing his clothes.

" I don't know but it doesn't start until like 9." I say, grabbing my shoes from the sand.

" Well, wanna go back to the Chateau and chill for a bit?" JJ asks, grabbing my hand as we walk to my car.

" Sure." I say, lacing my fingers with his.

We put our boards in the trunk and I grab my dress from the trunk.

" You wanna drive or should I?" JJ asks.

" I want to drive." I say, catching the keys as he tosses them to me.

" Okay, just don't kill us." JJ says sarcastically, quoting me from earlier.

" I am an excellent driver." I say, getting in the car.

" No you're not, you're a street racer." JJ retorts, putting his seatbelt on.

" A) I haven't raced since I was 15, and B) Exactly, I was a street racer, and I'm still here, and so is my baby." I say, caressing my steering wheel.

" You're a dork." JJ says, chuckling.

" And, you love me." I retort, driving off.

" True, I guess that says more about me than you." He says.

" That it does, my friend." I say, laughing.

" Hand me the Aux please?" I ask, looking at the cord.

" Here you go." JJ says, handing it to me.

" Thank you." I say, grabbing it and plugging my phone in.

I turn on my liked playlist on spotify and hit shuffle. " Him & I" By G-Eazy and Halsey comes on. I turn the volume all the way up.

" Cross my heart, hope to die, To my lover, I'd never lie," I sing, looking at JJ. " " He said " Be true" I swear I'll try. In the end, it's him and I." I sing, stopping at a red light.

" He's out his head, I'm out my mind. We got that love, the crazy kind." Serenading JJ while I wait for the light. " I am his, and he is mine. In the end, it's him and I, him and I." I sing, pointing at JJ when while I sing.

The light turns green and I start going and JJ starts rapping.

" My '65 speeding up the PCH, a hell of a ride. They don't wanna see us make it, they just wanna divide. 2020 Bonnie and Clyde, wouldn't see the point of living on if one of us died." JJ raps, while we make eye contact. I smile at his lyric change.

Time skip

We pull up to the Chateau and get out.

JJ grabs our boards and puts them back in the surf shed, along with the wax. I go to our bedroom and grab a pair of ripped, light blue jeans and a black cropped tank top. I set them down on my dresser and start looking for underwear. I decide on a black lace bra and matching panties.

I hear JJ walk toward the room and I hid the underwear under my clothes, so I can surprise him later.

" Whatcha doin?" JJ asks, looking me up and down while biting his lip.