Chapter 54

" Why don't I just go ahead and see them hands up in the air, right now." The man says. He's wearing a skeleton face covering, a faded greyish blue shirt and cargo shorts. He has a man bun and a thick trailer park accent. I feel like I know him, I recognize his voice from somewhere, but I don't know where.

     " All y'all's hands up in the air now!" He yells pointing the gun at JB's face, and all of our hands go up.

" You, out of the car! Let's go!" He yells, motioning for John B to get out. JB slowly moves to get out.

      " Out of the car! Let's go! Hurry!" He yells as he walks John B to the other side of the van where the big door for us is.

" Let them out!" The Man says, pointing to the door with his gun.

      " What are you waitin' on? What are you waitin' on? Let them out!" The Man yells, as JB slowly makes his way over to the side door.

" All of y'all! Go on! Let's get out of the car! Let's go!" He yells as we all start to move.

      " Here we go, pretty girl." He says as Sarah steps out of the car, and JB puts her behind him.

" Get out the car! Let's Go! Hurry!" He yells as Pope gets out of the van.

      " Bro-" JJ starts as he gets out of the car!

" Shut the hell up!" The man yells in JJ's face, and anger floods through my veins. I still can't figure out who this guy is, it's like his name and who he is, is on the tip of my tongue, one small push will get it there.

      " All right! All right! Just relax!" JJ yells, backing away from him.

" Shut the hell up! Shut up!" He screams.

     " I'll blow your damn head off!" He screams at JJ. It's almost like he's forgotten I was here, and that gives me time to think. I think as hard as I can, searching my brain for a memory, a name, something.

     " Lay down in the ditch! Lay down in the ditch!" He screams at them, and as they do he turns back around to me.

" You too baby. I didn't forget about you! Get your ass in the damn ditch!" He yells at me, grabbing my arm and pulling me into the ditch. A cold shiver runs up my spine as he calls me baby.

      " On your goddamn knees, now!" He screams at us.

" Put your face on the ground!" He screams, shoving JJ's face closer to the ground. All I can see is red, but once I recognize him, I'll have something on him, I can catch him off guard.

     " Don't let me see you look up!" He warns. " That's all y'all gotta do." He says, going into the van and searching.

I can hear Kie and JJ talking, but I'm not listening. I'm thinking. Baby, Baby, Baby. It's stuck in my head, it's pulling at something.

     " Holy shit." I mumble to myself. It's Barry! Barry the drug dealer, he deals to my dad, has since I was 13, and he's been hitting on me and calling me baby since I was 14.

     John B slowly gets up and Sarah quietly calls his name, begging for him to stay down. John B runs to the cop car and gets in the back.

" I know him." I mumble to the group.

     " You do? Kie asks.

" Yeah, he's a drug dealer, sells pills to my dad." I answer, I feel like I should do something to help JB, but I don't know what to do, I feel useless.

     I hear the clunk of metal fall against the floor and I know that Barry's found the gold.

" Son of a bitch." I mutter under my breath.