Chapter 62

As we run through the field, I can't focus on anything other than the burning in my lungs, and the aching in my legs as I push myself to run faster.

" Can we slow down now, we are in the fricken woods?" I ask, panting as I try to catch my breath.

" Yeah." John B agree's, breathing heavily as we slow our pace to a walk.

We walk in silence, the only noise is our breathing, and the buzz of cicada's. I try not to let my mind wander, but it does. I just wish it was like how it was before all this bullshit, when all we did was drink, smoke, run from security guards, and surf.

Time skip

We get through the woods, and into a residential area in Figure 8. We run through the neighborhood, hiding behind bushes everytime we hear sirens. We find a house with its garage door open. JB and I book it inside, and I hit the button to make the garage door close. We both hide underneath a workbench. We both pull our knees to our chest and press our backs against the wall.

I lean my head back, resting the top of it on the wall as I catch my breath. Suddenly, someone bangs on the garage door, and John B gets up quickly.

" C'mon." John B says, as he starts to run further into the house.

I quickly run after him, and John B opens a door at the end of the hall, we both go through. I quietly close the door behind us. We both take a moment to breathe before quickly walking through the house, trying to find a way out.

We walk into a kitchen, and someone is sitting at the counter. We both gasp as the person looks at us, and slowly gets up.

" John B? MJ?" Kelce asks, getting up from his seat.

" Of course." I mumble under my breath, and John B and I quickly put our hands up.

John B takes short steps forward.

" Hey, man." John B says softly, trying to keep Kelce calm.

" John B." Kelce repeats.

" Just listen to me for a second. Relax." John B says, keeping his hands up.

" Man, what are you doing here?" Kelce asks, fear evident in his voice and on his face as he slowly moves to the other side of the counter.

" I- I'm sorry. I didn't mean-" John B starts.

" Man, I know what you did." Kelce interrupts, backing up towards the sink.

" Just listen to us." I say, and Kelce continues backward.

" Just get out of my house." Kelce warns, raising his voice.

" We didn't do it, okay? Just listen to me." John B says, as he and Kelce talk over each other.

" Don't talk to me. I know what y'all did, man. I know what y'all did." Kelce says loudly.

" No, no, no, no, no." John B mutters, running his hands over his face as he tries to collect his thoughts.

" Get out of my house!" Kelce yells.

" Just listen to us, please. We didn't do it." I say loudly.

Kelce grabs a large knife out of the knife block next to the sink, and I feel a shiver of fear run up my spine.

" Put the knife down." John B says, putting his hands back up.

" Y'all just invaded the homeland, bro." Kelce says, pointing the knife towards us with newfound confidence.

" I'm warning y'all." Kelce says, stepping closer to us.