"I guess we weren't meant to be"

*The next morning*

Hope's POV-

I woke up in my bed as I held my head in my hands. I had a huge headache. What even happened? Did I drink too much or something?

I then remembered everything that happened last night with driving to the lake house, meeting Valerie, then driving home and Josie, Josie. I groaned at the thought of it.

I didn't hear any screams or whimpers from the twins room last night so maybe it worked. I heard my phone ding and I looked over at my nightstand and I picked it up and saw it was a text from Dr. Saltzman.

Hey, I heard about you and Josie, I'm really sorry about that but I was wondering if you wanted to come train, to get your mind off of it. - Dr. Saltzman

Um yeah sure, meet at the docks in 20 minutes? I just need some time to do a few things. - Hope

Of course, see you in 20. - Dr. Saltzman

I went inside my bathroom and brushed my teeth and put on my training clothes and tied my hair up and grabbed my water bottle then left and headed to the docks.

*A few minutes later*

I arrived at the docks and saw Dr. Saltzman getting out sticks ready that we use to fight. I decided to sneak up on him and I slowly approached him and threw him to the ground.

"Ahhhh- Hope?" Dr. Saltzman screamed like a little bit of a girl as I got off of him and laughed. "I never knew that you had such a girlish scream" I say as I laugh and set my water bottle down. "You caught me off guard" Dr. Saltzman says as I start to throw swings and kicks at him.

He then grabbed two of the sticks and used them for protecting and he swung at me with them and I dodged them and tripped him with my foot and grabbed the other two sticks for me and put them right in front of your throat so he wasn't able to stand up.

"Always be on your guard, you taught me that, you should listen to it yourself Dr. Saltzman" I say as I help him up and he laughs.

"You've gotten better, good job, how are you doing?" He asks as his voice goes from happy to sad. "I've definitely been better that's for sure" I say as I take a sip from my water and he looks down.

"I'm sorry Hope, and I'm sorry for being really annoying yesterday about where you guys went" Dr. Saltzman says as I shrug my shoulders. "It's fine, I guess we weren't just meant to be" I say putting my water down and hear my phone buzz and I look at Dr. Saltzman.

"You can answer it" He says and I go over to my phone and see it's from someone who I haven't talked to in a while. "Auntie Bex?" I say as I answer the phone and smile to myself. "Hello Hope, we haven't talked in a while so I've been wanting to see how you've been doing, are you alright?" My Aunt Rebekah asks over the the phone.

"I've been better, but everything is good" I say as I laugh through the phone. "How are you and that brunette, Josie I believe her name was" She asks and I tense up as she mentions Josie. "I'd rather not talk about it, maybe when you come over and visit" I say sarcastically as I then hear a car pull up.

"Well then maybe we can talk about it now then" She says and I raise my eyebrows in confusion and I look over and see her getting out of the car. I hang up the phone and run over to her and squeeze the life out of her.

"Darling you're kind of squeezing me really hard" Aunt Rebekah says and I smile and realize and stop hugging her and smile at laugh. "Sorry about that" I say and she laughs. "Your just lucky that I'm immortal otherwise I would have been dead by now" She says sarcastically and I roll my eyes.

"Hope go spend some time with your aunt, you already did good training today when you beat me" Dr. Saltzman says as he walks up behind us and Aunt Rebekah laughs. "My niece beat you? That's embarrassing" Aunt Rebekah says and he rolls his eyes.

"She caught me by surprise" He says in defense and I laugh. "Sure, whatever, come on Auntie Bex, let's go" I say and she smiles and nods. "Let's go darling"

Josie's POV-

Once I woke up I just went to breakfast and I didn't want to think of anything else. Not me and Hope. Not our breakup. Not anything. I just went down to breakfast and grabbed my breakfast and sat by the table that we always sit at.

I saw Lizzie, Mg, Rafael, and Landon. I just ignored them and just sat down and started eating my breakfast as Lizzie looked at me once in a while with sympathy in her face but I just looked at her and didn't say much other than 'I'm fine'

I then heard laughing coming outside because our table was right next to the window and I looked out and saw a blonde getting out of a car. Was that Rebekah? Hope's aunt? I look over at Mg.

"Can you listen in on their conversation?" I ask and he nods as he starts listening with his vampire hearing for a minute.

After about a minute Mg finally spoke up.

"They're just saying hi and talking about how Hope kicked your guys' dad's butt in training" Mg says and I nod slowly. Just then I feel someone sit next to me and I think that it's Hope when I turn over and see someone I haven't seen in a long time and that I never thought I would see again for a while.

"Jade?"