Chapter 43

Josie's POV-

Me and Hope made our way down to the cafeteria and the only thing that was on my mind was Landon.

It made anger and jealousy rise up in me again the more I thought about it.

I then started squeezing Hope's hand tighter because I didn't want her to leave and Landon just made me angry from it.

Just then Hope stopped on her tracks and she looked over at me and I just shrug.

"What?" I ask and she rolls her eyes and grabs my face with her hands softly.

"You don't need to be jealous Jo, I can feel it from you, okay?" She asks me and my heart just flutters on how she's so soft with me and knows me so well.

I just nod my head and give her a small smile and she returns it as we continue walking to the cafeteria.

We make it to the cafeteria and grab our food and I just sit in an open table and Hope looks at me confused looking back at the table that we usually sit at before she follows me and sits next to me.

"Why don't you wanna sit with everybody else?" Hope asks me and I shrug.

"I don't know, I think I was just wanted some alone time with you and stuff" I say and Hope gives me a small smile.

"Thanks princess" Hope says smirking as she placed her hand softly on my thigh and I can't help but smirk.

Me and Hope just sit in a comfortable silence as we eat our food and I see Rafael come over to us and I groan. It was not very good last time we had an encounter.

"Hope... Josie" He says with his food tray and I can feel Hope glaring at him.

"What the hell could you possibly want Rafael?" I say as I can feel Hope's grip tighten on my thigh but I can feel her move her hand so she doesn't hurt me and I just grab ahold of her hand and squeeze it slightly letting her know that it's okay.

"I uh, just wanted to apologize, f-from everything that happened earlier with us before and all" Rafael says and I can see Hope roll her eyes as she then plays with her food.

"I'm really sorry for how I acted earlier, honestly, I never didn't mean anything I said, Josie" He says then turning to me and I just shrug.

"It's fine Raf, I'll talk to you later" I say giving him and small smile and he returns it before turning away and going to sit at the normal table and Hope just looks over at me shocked.

"How could you forgive him?! Josie he almost hurt-!" She starts but cuts herself off and I can feel my heart break as she just looks away.

Hope's POV-

I was really surprised when Josie forgave Rafael. How? And why?

I was about to say how he almost hurt Josie but I remembered the last time I brought it up and I just cut myself off and just looked down and continued playing with my food.

"Hope..." Josie starts and I just shake my head and throw my food away into the nearest trashcan.

"I'll see you later Josie" I say and it even hurts me when I don't call her Jo or princess. I didn't even mean to but I just called her Josie.

I just walk past her and walk out into the hallway until I hear footsteps following me and I can feel a soft hand grab my arm gently and I look back and see Josie looking at me with an apologetic look.

"Look Hope wait please, I'm sorry" Josie says and I can't help but feel bad and sorry.

"No I'm sorry Jo, I-I just get protective Jo, I just wanna protect you Jo, and it's your choice to forgive him but I just don't think you should, it's your choice and I'll respect whatever decision you make, but I just hate the fact that he did what he did" I say and Josie nods and holds my hand tightly.