Day One

Isn't it funny how they ask to see your body before they get to know your mind? A guy asked me for nudes and I said "sure"... if he could answer each question honestly while being completely wholesome, and in the most purest way possible. 

 A) 1. What is your favorite book? Why? Which character do you relate to? Why? Does their history make you sympathetic for their life? Do you feel their pain? Do you have a connection with them? Why? What are three things you have in common with this fictional character that doesn't pertain to anything materialistic? How sad were you when they died? How sad would you be if they died? 

 B) 2. When you're in love... Is it their smile? The dimples on their face? The lip bite when they're highly focused? Is it the running their fingers through their hair or maybe the hair flip when they are off guard? Is it their voice? Is it the way they sing in the shower or dance in the living room? Or maybe in the kitchen when they bake cookies? Is it their heart that draws you in? Is it the blue eyes that make you lost at sea? Or is it their hazel eyes that make you feel like you're watching an endless sunset? Or is it the green eyes that make you feel connected to one's soul? Or did you not get past the red lace? 

 C) 3. Do you know if they prefer tea or coffee? Do they check their phone or read a few pages before they can take on the day? Do they party or sit in with a romcom or maybe a scary movie? Do they sleep on the edge of the bed or fight you for the middle spot and more? Do they have disorders they try to hide from? What are they? Do they laugh with such grace or do they let their walls down in exchange for a moment of joy that is worth everything? Do they treat others with respect or do they push people around until someone earns to know their dark place? Do they have past traumas they have healed from? Do they make you happy? Why? 

 The problem with dating isn't the fact no one is loyal. It's not the bare minimum of effort. It's not the trust, daddy issues, or today's society, and it's not all of the skeletons in the closet. We find beauty in all of the wrong places. We ask the wrong questions. We don't remember what their favorite color is or when their birthday finally comes around. We don't remember that she likes flowers but won't ask for them. We don't remember that he struggles with acceptance as well. We don't remember the things that matter. A body is just that. We can always find people to love our bodies, but who is going to love our souls? Who can really accept us for all of our sins, flaws, selfish needs, and daft moments? 

 So.... How many did you answer? Because the person who asked me said I asked too many questions. 

 He blocked me.