Autoromanticism.

So many people have gotten their laugh in. They got their fill on the "I told you so." And they seem to think I am this broken person. 

 The truth is; I'm not. 

 I am taking this one day at a time. I'm actually taking some advice I heard while I was at my lowest. I didn't think it was possible and if you are the one needing advice, here it is. This is your sign. 

 I am dating myself. Anything a man could possibly give me or want to give me, I can give myself. I can go and get coffee for and by myself. And enjoy it. Food dates? I can order take out and choose any chick flick I want without a care in the world. Even better, I have my own money. Anything a guy could give me, I already have it and will probably enjoy it for myself. So, I am dating myself and putting myself first. I deserve to be selfish. 

 I have spent the last two years of my life wondering if I was worth it to someone. I have spent the last three months healing and realizing that relationships are not meant for me right now. 

 Nobody stays. People make empty promises. And for some reason, everyone needs time to figure their shit out when things start getting real. 

 I don't need time. I know what I want. And I know for a damn fact that I will get what I want without a relationship. It's 2021. I am not making myself smaller to fit into someone else's life. If you want me, make room. I am not someone you push to side when you are bored. 

 This year, the bar is extremely high and I refuse to bring it down for someone, anyone who treats me less than I deserve to be.