Evisceration

In Elsabet's mad flight down the corridor, trying to get away from Sebastian in the courtyard, she spotted a suit of armor. It was under a skylight displayed on her right.

Chavias' old armor. Sebastian caught her eyeballing it from the other end of the hall. He recalled painstakingly salvaging it from battle torn field after he was destroyed. He couldn't deny he was a bit protective of it. So he watched her hesitating as she past it, warily.

Elsabet sidestepped over to it, making her decision.

What in Ardae is she going to do with that?

There was zero chance of the massive armor fitting her. But it made sense as he saw her unbuckling the dagger and sword sheaths.

She slipped them over her shoulders and cinched the dagger around her waist. Eased by the familiar feel of a blade at her back.

Sebastian rounded the corner as she put them in place, chuckling. He

Comforted by tiny blades. It was amusing.

If she only knew I could bite right through them in my Primary shape.

He reached for her, but she took a long step, sliding from his reach. His laughter intensified. "You think now you have a weapon, you're safe from me?"

Has she forgotten already that she calls me animal?

She darted a look over her shoulder to verify he'd stopped following her. But walked faster anyway.

"Nothing can keep you from me." His head lowered dangerously. "Elsabet..."

***

Evading his gaze, she eyed the endless length of portraits. They bore witness to her shameful walk back to her cage. Torches lit in a bloom of smoke on either side of her as she passed. Causing her to jerk at each pop and smoky sizzle.

He paused. She doesn't know she's doing it.

Re-entering the inner chambers of WaterRose, made the walls vibrate with energy. Another torch exploded in red and yellow. She glanced at it tensely. Her head slowly turning back to her path.

She squawked at finding him in her path. Nearly slamming into him.

"Hello, Harpie."

She jumped backward. Hands fluttering before her. "I need no assistance to protect me from you, Lord Bodane."

"Oh..." He taunted, voice dropping in interest. "Don't you?"

Stepping past him she took the hallway rapidly. Shoulders tight as she tried to ignore the hiss of blooming torches.

"My name is Sebastian." He called to her retreating back.

***

Another torch lighting made her squeak and skitter sideways.

Does she even know where she's going? The hall dead ended in the direction she headed. Save for a secret servant's stairwell which was hidden behind a turning wall.

She doesn't know about that. He was confident in that.

"Where are you going, exactly?" He laughed harder, clutching his belly.

She shot a withering glower over her shoulder. Looking faster from side to side for additional halls.

She won't find any.

Sebastian had designed the layout of WaterRose as very simple and straight.

She's already passed all the parlors and the Sitting Room.