Dragons Under the Surface

Sebastian groaned aloud. Closing his eyes and tightening his body as he kept them in. Using his will to tamp them down.

Elsabet stood back from him. Watching in surprise. "Are you going to tell me what that was about."

"I have more beasts than you think, just waiting under my skin." He explained. "You haven't touched me in a while."

"And?"

"You excited all of us."

Her brows shot up.

"Sebastian." Rhyers's voice drew their attention to just inside the doorway.

Rhyers's usual immaculate hair was looking a bit tousled, and he had an urge look in his eyes. "Alpha needs you."

"No." Elsabet shook her head. "He's still injured."

"It's to help with the Fallen." Rhyers explained as he grimaced. "I'm sorry Elsabet, he has to go."

"When the alpha calls," Sebastian weakly climbed from the bed. Grateful to be out of it, truly. But he swayed slightly as he got to his feet. "We must go."

The blanket fell away, and Rhyers grunted in disgust. "Good God, man! Clothes."

"I've been abed!" Bast defended.

Elsabet was still in her chair. Her gaze fell to his groin. Which immediately made his body tighten.

He cleared his throat. "Eslabet? Pants."

She blinked. Flicking her gaze to him as she reached into a drawer in the side table. Handing him a pair and a flowing turquoise shirt.

"Thank you." He murmured to her. Stepping into his clothes.

"My boots?"

She nodded to the fireplace where they sat on the fur, now dry from his trek in the snow.

"You can't go." She said urgently, broken from her trance as he pulled his shirt over his belly.

Rhyers broke in. "He truly doesn't have a choice."

"The alpha-" She started. Wanting to explain that she believed he would understand if he knew Sebastian was still recovering.

"Has called for him." Rhyers said firmly.

Sebastian walked to the doorway.

She caught the back of his shirt. "The weather is still bad, and you've only barely come out of the fever."

He turned to her. Catching her shoulders. "The weather is always worse up here-"

"The sun shines, and it's still fall on the flatlands." Rhyers assured.

"I will be careful." Sebastian promised her.

"Sebastian!" She stomped as he turned.

Rhyers moved to follow him, but she hooked the front of his shirt. Twisting her fist in as she dragged him nose to nose with her, using surprising strength.

"If something happens to him..."

"I won't let it." Rhyers shook his head. "We're going down the mountain to Acharius. The viking will have his back."

"Everytime, he goes for you men, he comes back broken."

Rhyers grimaced. "I suppose that's true."

"For once, give him a moment to heal."

"Elsabet." Sebastian had stopped in the hallway. "I'll be okay."

She released Rhyers. Thrusting him away angrily.