Buddie - Adoption

Buck and Eddie had been married for just over a year at this point and were at the point of discussing anymore kids aside from Christopher. One thing they were both clear on is that they would adopt and/or foster, the details was where they varied. "So Eddie we have to do it eventually our license is in the works what sort of kid are we going to look into?" Buck asked finally getting Eddie's attention on the subject, "I would love a girl, maybe siblings. Definitely not younger than school age though," "I wouldn't mind a girl either. What if we look into the teenagers, I did the research you are less likely to be adopted in your teens then you are any other age. A lot of them age out of the system and are on there own," "Then it's settled a teenage girl. Come on mr put some pants on so we can actually leave the house for work," Eddie tossed Buck some underwear, as much as he enjoyed the view random passers by nor the 118 would enjoy it.

Later that day at work Eddie was scanning the CPS list of kids available for adoption not knowing what to expect, "Eddie I didn't know you and Buck were looking into adopting," Bobby commented trying to make small talk, Chimney chuckled saying, "Eddie you sure you want another child to take care of," "Hey!" Buck faked pouted by the stairs. "But to answer your question we are looking into adoption we already have our license and there's an adoption fair this weekend. Carla recommend for us to go as that's where a lot of kids are matched," "Any particular type of kid your going for?" "We've been looking into preteens to teenagers, we aren't really sure."

Tristen Beatrice Rosewater's POV

I woke to the dismal sound of the bell in the group home, it mind melting clang would be enough to drive the sanest person crazy if you weren't used to it. I glanced across at my room mate Aimee, this was her last day in the group home as the lucky thing got adopted. I accepted along time ago that I wasn't going to get adopted after all I was 14 (15 on October 18th) and has been in and out of the system for 7 years before finally being removed permanently from my mothers care at 10. I hurriedly made my bed before grabbing my wash bag from my locker like wardrobe. I rummaged along my bedside table in hope I'd find my glasses but alas they alluded me once again in the morning. I made it into the bathroom just in time before the morning rush. The cool water of the shower hit my scarred skin most prominently the slashes across my shoulders, it was a soothing feeling, a freeing feeling despite the others pounding on the door. I finished up quickly and raced back into my room. Most of our clothes were donated and/or bought for second hand shops. If we wanted anything knew we would have to buy it ourselves. I didn't mind as I made quite a bit of cash from my paper round so I was able to afford some sort of luxuries to us orphans. Oh yeah my dad died when I was 4, mum started drinking and I was removed from her care after she became crazy. So yeah I'm an orphan.

My mind was pulled from my thoughts as Miss Somerset's shrill voice called out, "Breakfast in 10 minutes children," I hurriedly pulled on a dress a loose white spaghetti strap dress, with pink and green flower embroidery.

I pulled my hair back from my face with a hair comb decorated with gold painted leaves. I bundled my school work into a beaten rucksack but tucked my English notebook under my arm with my pencil case. This time I got lucky and found my glasses in the top draw. I slid them on allowing the fuzziness of the world become clear.

I tied my moth bitten trainers before leaping down the stairs and into the dining room, there was 4 long tables largest enough to fit all the kids on then the high table sat on slight platform. That was where Miss Somerset, the cook, Mrs Brown the housekeeper and Mr Brown the handyman/groundskeeper sat watching over us like the menacing devils they were.

I crammed some waffles in my mouth as I finished the last of the poem analysis, this place ran on a tight schedule but there was easily 50 to 100 kids here so order was key. My eyes darted to the long list of rules proudly framed above us, never in my life had I seen so many.