Eddie's Daughter

Eddie and Buck had been together two of the three years Eddie and Christopher had been in LA. But straight lace Eddie had a secret that only Christopher and Buck knew of. He had a daughter, she was 20 and Eddie's 35, she was left on her doorstep in October at just four days old. Paternity tests were done but her bio mother couldn't be located. Eddie proudly named her McKayla Charlotte Diaz. Why wasn't she with them now? She's been in the army for the last three years after spending six months in a correctional facility, arrested at 16 for possession of alcohol, drunk and disorderly as well as assault of an officer while under the influence, they left her off easily given her clean track record and background, it was also not very likely she would reoffend. No school wanted her but the army gave her an opportunity to permanently seal her record and a chance of a fresh start, in her three years she became a lieutenant with the Rangers. Ever since then she has been in Afghanistan, turning down all opportunities to go home just cause she felt so at home with her unit.

Buck had gone behind Eddies back to invite McKayla to the 118's Christmas dinner, her commanding officers begged her to go. So she set off to go straight to the 118, she took the bus in full uniform from the airport to the nearest stop, she texted Buck her cue was someone else is missing. She hid by the stairs watching as they arranged to take a family photo, "Hold on hold on some is missing," she heard Buck call out, McKayla stood up and walked up the stairs, "Hi," Eddie's eyes grew wide as did Christophers, "McKayla!" They yelled throwing themselves at her, "Hey, hi daddy hi," Eddie was stroking her hair overjoyed he was home. "I think we need intros," "Chris you do the honours," McKayla whispered, "Guys this is my big sister McKayla she's in the Army and was recently deployed to Afghanistan but she came home!" He was obviously overjoyed his own sister was alive and home, yeah alive, she was caught up in an IED blast hence why she had a silver star. Being as lucky as she was she got past the 'junk' medals as they were called to the actually decent one, when She thought about doing something stupid she remembered a Jack Reacher quote from the Enemy page 212 'You'll be a 26 year old black woman with a dishonourable discharge from the only career you've ever had. Meanwhile the civilian job market will be flooded because of force reduction and you'll be competing with people with chests full of medals and pockets full of testimonials,' little long but Reacher had a point. Yeah she was a huge Reacher fan and her colleagues call her the female real life Reacher, well in the terms of skills McKayla was defiantly more friendly than Reacher.

One family photo later it was blissful family reunion.