Highs and lows

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Sorry for a dark Christmas present.

⚠️Trigger warning: self harm, suicide, drug overdose⚠️

"9-1-1 what's your emergency?" Static, "Hello? Anyone there?" May cocked an eyebrow looking at the number, she somehow recognised the number but it didn't seem to click, "Don't go" A gruff voice finally said, "I won't leave. What's your emergency?" "I just want to die," a voice choked out, "Can you tell me your name?" May asked, the man's voice seem to echo, she accessed the phone information which included name and address. Evan Buckley apartment 186 Harland Apartment Complex, LA34 8GD, "Buck is that you?" May asked quietly so that witch Claudette wouldn't hear, "Hey May. It's okay if you want to hang up nobody cares about me anymore," "Buck that's not true," she started entering correct information to dispatch the 118, "Buck you at home?" "Yeah, I know the drill keep them talking. Come on May we both know no one cares about me they all abandoned me when I needed them," "Buck I care, I'm here. If I didn't why am I still here?" "Because it's your job," "No because I care. Now Buck what happened," "They abandoned me May. No your two young for my problems," "Buck," she hand to hold back the tears. Buck sat up against his bathroom wall he had slit his wrists and stared at the pill bottles spilled open on the floor next to him, "Buck?" "I'm still here," he was breathless slurring hid speech, "Can you tell your mother how much I love her," "You can tell her yourself Buck. Now what's going on?" "Bobby and Eddie went off at me yelling how stupid and useless I am, everyone agreed with him expect Hen she stayed quiet. And they were right," "Buck Bobby and Eddie were just mad, people say things when they are mad and they don't mean it," she checked how long the 118 was out, 4 minutes, "Buck do you have any weapons near you?" Buck glanced at the razor blade he had used to slash his wrist and the lighter he had used to burn his arms, "Two, a lighter and a razor blade," "Buck did you use these things to harm yourself?" 3 minutes, "I might have done. May I just want to leave, I wonder sometimes how I would have turned out if I had decent parents like Athena and Bobby instead of mine, like if I was your older brother," "You still can be Buck but you never know if you die to day. I would be proud to be the younger sister of Buck 3.0 or are you still 2.0?"

Claudette shot a glare over to May ease dropping, she got up and attempted to lean over and take over the call. May stood her ground and covered the keyboard, "You never make personal connections now tell the caller that your trainer is about to take over," "I'm not a trainee I am a fully qualified dispatcher with experience and his name is Buck. Buck is my older brother or may as well be I've talked him down a few times before I think I know what I'm doing," May then returned to the call, "Sorry Buck nosy parker got jealous," she felt Buck's smile through the phone. Buck sat phone between his knees smiling and chuckling lightly, "Hey I invented a new word," "What is it," "Plagiarism," his smile grew larger, "What's the different between a cat and a comma? A cat has claws at the end of paws; A comma is a pause at the end of a clause," he giggle became audible, "There we go Buck!" One minute out. His laughter was suddenly cut short by his sudden sharp breathing and him joking out the words, "I don't wanna die, I don't wanna die anymore," "Buck? Buck? Buck answer me!"

The 118 bursted there way into Buck's apartment and towards his bathroom, "Buck, Buck!" Eddie yelled racing to Buck's side, he thumbled for his week pulse while Hen started compression on the slits, "Hello?" May asked, "May we've got him, he's alive," "Oh thank god, oh and Bobby be careful what you say Buck is still fuming at you."