90. The Accepted Proposal

Murthy Enterprises

Mukthi was very happy because she and her father were going to Murthy Enterprises to finalize the deal. They both walked inside the building stylishly. All eyes were on them. Both entered Abhimanyu's cabin after hearing 'come in' from him. He smiled at them and hugged Raj. Then they all went to the conference room for a meeting.

The meeting took more than an hour. Soon, they finished the formalities, and all went out, leaving the trio. Abhi and Raj were talking about the upcoming business trip for this project. Mukthi got bored, so she excused herself and came out of the conference room. Then she started walking and checking around the office.

While walking, Mukthi reached the canteen, and she looked around to buy something. And she found ice cream cones. She bought two cones, one chocolate and the other butterscotch. After paying that, she walked back to the conference room while having her chocolate cone and another one to share with her father.

And she saw both Abhi and her father walking out of the conference room. She came near them and gave the cone to her father. Rajesh smiled at her daughter, taking the cone from her. Before he could open, he got a call from an important client.

He excused himself and went a little farther to talk. Abhi noticed her eating the ice cream. He folded his hand on his chest and looked at her. Seeing him staring, she asked him, "What are you looking at?". He asked," Where is my ice cream?".

She answered, "I didn't know that you wanted one". He raised his eyebrows and asked her sarcastically," Yeah, your father asked one right". She smiled nervously without answering him. Then he ordered," Go and get me one".

She was shocked at his demand and asked," Are you serious?". He looked straight at her and asked back," What do you think?". She stared at him for a minute, then said," Okay, I will get you one".

Saying that she walked back to the canteen. After taking a few steps, she looked at him for confirmation. He raised his brows at her, and she immediately walked towards the canteen, leaving behind the smiling Abhi.

She reached the canteen and then realized that she forgot to ask about his flavor. So, she started looking at the flavors there. She spoke to herself," How about strawberry, but what does he like? Hmm, then I will buy pistachios. But what if he doesn't like this one? Oh god, I am seriously confused. Oh, wait a second, why am I thinking too much of his like? I will buy whatever flavor he needs to eat. That's it."

Speaking to herself, she bought the mango one. Then she went to give it to him, but he was not there. So she entered the conference room, but he was not there either. She then went to his office room and knocked on the door.

She heard," Come in". She got in and reached near his table, and she stretched her ice cream hand towards him. He raised his face and looked at her. She said,"Take it; I bought it for you". He took that cone from her and said," Mango, not bad".

Then he unwrapped the cone and started eating. She twitched her lips a bit, not receiving a thanks from him. She turned to go, but she heard him saying," Thank you". She smiled, but soon her face expressions changed, hearing," But next time, please bring my flavor." She glared at him, turning a bit.

Seeing her glaring, he raised his brows at her and asked," What? Did you just glare at me?". She changed her face, smiling and fuming inside, and said,"No, not at all. Why would I do that? I was about to say that I would keep that in mind next time."

He said, smiling inwardly," Good". Both are interrupted by Rajesh, who came inside and asked, looking at Mukthi,"Should we leave?". She nodded her head, and Rajesh hugged Abhi and left from there. Before she left, she caught a glimpse of him.