Riverlands

Sansa had sent out a letter to all the Riverlords, commanding them to meet her at the Twins. As soon as they all marched, so did my army. Olyvar Frey informed me that Jaime Lannister was on the other side of the Twins, and that this could go badly for me.

I wore full armor as I walked through the Twins. Sansa was with me, under the disguise of Alayne, and Brandon was with me too. Aegon followed close behind me, with Lord Connington and the Greatjon. They were followed by Stannis, Jon, Ser Davos, Robett Glover, Hugo Hull, and Alysanne Mormont.

The Lannisters that we had captured, and their captured bannermen were being dragged along. They would be given over to Jaime as soon as I got what I want, and that includes a promise from Jaime and Devon that they will not betray me. Jaime will have to agree, or I will ruin him.

As we reached the doors to the Great Hall, I prepared myself. This will either go really well, or people will die. Thankfully, I have important Lannisters to sacrifice if they do not stop. Being prepared always helps in these kinds of situations.

How many times have I walked into a situation like this? Have I ever truly won or lost? Does preparing myself for this actually help or is that just what I tell myself so I do not panic? I have lost so much in the hall we are about to enter, and Jaime will use that against me. Does knowing this truly help?

My army is on the Northern end of the Twins, and Jaime's is with the Riverlords on the Southern end. If a battle breaks out, we have the best chance of retreating, as the Freys are on my side. I let them all live and I let them keep their castle and titles, so they owe this to me.

My hands hit the hard wooden doors and I shoved them open. I wore my silver sword crown, as Aegon had insisted and worn his as well. Steel and Ice stayed by my sides as I walked in with Aegon. All of my men were close behind me, with their hands on their swords.

"Queen Valyria Stark, how nice of you to actually come here," Lord Jonos Bracken sneered, trying to anger me. "I see that you hide behind the False Dragon and Lady Baelish."

"Lord Bracken, I would say that it is nice to see you again, but I do not like fools who think it wise to try and insult a queen," I quipped. "You did not do a very good job, as I do not hide behind anyone. They are standing behind me, or are you getting too old to see now? We all know age has already taken what little wits you had. Olyvar, lordship fits you well."

"Thank you, my queen," he said, quietly. "There are a lot of Bracken men here, as Lord Jonos is a bit paranoid after the Red Wedding. I do not blame him, but I thought I should just tell you. Robb once told me that seemingly useless information may become very useful. If only I had listened to him earlier."

A few men, including Tytos Blackwood, smiled at me. I knew it was because they felt sympathetic, but not because they actually cared for me. Jaime Lannister walked over to me, with Edmure and his wife in chains. Brynden grunted, but did not speak.

Roslin, Edmure's wife, held a child in her arms. If I were not meant to act like a queen, I would have let my face soften, and then I would have taken the baby in my own arms. The little child was cute, with a tuft of auburn hair, and blue eyes.

Edmure now had a long, scraggly beard. His blue eyes still held kindness, but were a lot harder now. I assume he has experienced what it is like to be a Lannister prisoner, and did not like it. At least he has protected his family.

Those who were adamant on staying loyal to the crown whispered to each other. I glared at each of them until they shut their goddamn mouths. This is the hall of one of my bannermen, not one of theirs. If I do not ask them to speak, then they should not even consider it.