Execution

Since the Frey men have returned, the fighting has started back up again. Two men have been beaten, but thankfully a group of men stepped in before the man could be killed. I had those Freys locked in a cell together, as I was running out of room in the dungeons.

Usually we just call someone down from the Wall and ask them to take all the prisoners, but I do not want to bother them right now. In fact, I want to ride up there and kill the men who stabbed Jon. He has seven stab wounds and is just getting worse. I am surprised he has hung in this long.

Melisandre was doing what she could, as was Eddison Tollett, one of the men I had met there. He was kind, with a dark sense of humour that was oddly amusing. He made a joke about the White Walkers and Jon had just glared at him, as I laughed.

Jon, my sweet brother. He had grown up even faster than I had. He had to because he is a bastard. I grew up fast with him, but I still had a childish look on the world at ten, unlike him. We had gotten along well because of my mother's hatred, which effected our siblings' look on us for a while.

Even though I am the older sibling, I have always felt like Jon is my older brother. He and Robb were always there for me, and Theon too. I was there for them too, but it was not the same. They taught me how to use a sword in the godswood at night, and we would hide if we saw Father coming. They then taught me how I should act if I wanted to rule, and everything else I need to know for times like now.

Today Stannis wanted to execute Roose and Ramsay Bolton. Lady Barbrey, Galbart Glover, Hunter, Brandon, Stannis and I are going to the dungeons to get them to confess to some of the crimes we are unsure of. That is why I have kept them hungry. It will be easier to break them with food.

I had two loaves of bread, which were meant to be for me across today's meals, but I would not be missing much. If I really get hungry I will just shift into a wolf and go catch myself something to eat. It is not like I can only eat bread.

Hunter was acting strangely today, and was avoiding me the best he could. The girl Brandon is smitten with is here, so I made him go talk to her. That left Steel and Ice as my only company, and all they want is to run around, but they cannot do it because of all the snow.

I was waiting by the Great Hall, and I saw that everyone was coming at the same time, apart from King Stannis, who pushed the doors to the hall open and strode over. His guards were with him, and none of them seemed pleased. I just assumed Wyman Manderly forgot to watch what he says.

"Why do you have bread?" Galbart Glover asked, watching Steel and Ice very closely.

"Because I have come up with a way to break the Boltons and I plan to use it," I explained. "There is no reason to worry about Steel and Ice. As long as you do not attack me or force me to make them attack you, they will do you no harm. They are quite loving, actually."

Reluctantly, Stannis held out his hand for the direwolves to sniff. They did not like his stubborness or the fact that he was so unforgiving, as they could sense it, but they did him no harm. However, they did seem to take a liking to Galbart Glover, who tensed up when they nuzzled his leg.

"They like you," Brandon stated. "We should go. The sooner those two rats are killed the better."

"Rats," Barbrey mused. "That is an odd word for them. I thought Roose Bolton treated you like a son, so where does this hatred come from."

"He killed my friends and refused to free Torrhen's Square when I begged him to," Brandon muttered, walking forward. "His son is a beast in a man's skin. The sooner they die, the better."

I did not know that Brandon was this bitter towards Roose Bolton. When we were at the Dreadfort, he seemed to actually care for the man. Maybe it was all an act, in order to keep himself alive. I would not be surprised if that were the truth.