Dragons

It has been over two years since Aegon and I took the Iron Throne, and I am happy. Stannis is Hand of the King, Hunter is the Master of Whispers, Leo Tyrell is Grand Maester, Sarella Sand is Master of Coin, Asha is Master of Ships, Daven Lannister is the Master of Laws. Hoster Blackwood and Roland Waynwood are just advisors.

Hoster and Roland do not have a title beyond advisors to the council because even if they showed great promise, those with the actual titles are best suited. Asha is the obvious choice for Master of Ships, Sarella showed promise with coin, and Daven Lannister has great knowledge of laws.

The Kingsguard came along well too, but there is still one spot. Loras Tyrell, Rolly Duckfield, Brienne of Tarth, Donnel Drumm, Orell of the wildling clan the Thenns, and Tristan Rivers are the members. Tristan is now Tristan Rain, as a bastard cannot serve in the Kingsguard.

I also have three children with Aegon; Rhaegar, Eddard, and Lyanna. Eddard and Lyanna are twins, and Rhaegar is the heir. If Rhaegar were to die, it would be Lyanna who takes the Iron Throne, as she is twelve minutes older then Eddard. Aegon agreed with me when I suggested to change the line of succession, so it is the eldest who will rule.

Rhaegar was named after his grandfather because he has the traditional Targaryen looks of silver hair and purple eyes. Eddard indeed looks like my father, with brown hair and the long face of the Starks, as well as grey eyes. Lyanna is the opposite of her twin, with long white hair and purple eyes with flecks of steel.

For now, I am sitting in the Godswood. I was praying a few moments ago, but I stopped. Something does not feel right, so I am glad that Steel and Ice are with my children and Aegon. Maybe I am just paranoid, as it is the day that Robb died.

Tears will not spill in front of my people or my children, but they come pouring down my face here, in front of my gods. I am now allowed to pray to my gods without fear of the Faith Militant attacking. That may or may not be because of the fact that the High Sparrow was poisoned, but it looked like a natural cause of death. Then I disbanded the Faith Militant and ensured the new High Septon listens to both Aegon and I.

A screech was heard, then the flapping of wings. I looked up and saw a dragon circling the Red Keep. Fear ran ice-cold through my veins as I decided what I should do. Steel and Ice will protect my family, but how am I going to get to them?

I took off running, but someone grabbed me from behind. I turned and drew my dagger, pointing it at their throat. He was handsome, with dark brown hair and a matching beard. His eyes were a dull blue, and his boiled leather was torn in some places.

"A sellsword sent to kill a queen?" I asked, scoffing. "Let me guess, there are Unsullied behind me? Or maybe some Dothraki? I will send your heads back with a letter telling Daenerys that she will have to do better if she wishes to kill me."

"It is only me," he insisted, coldly. "My queen only wishes to speak to you. I advised that she have you killed on the same day as your twin, before your gods, but she said she wanted to speak to you first."

"Very well," I agreed, sheathing my dagger. "Lead the way, and I will not stab you in the back. I need to speak with the Mother of Dragons myself. Now, tell me, what is your name?"

"Daario Naharis of the Stormcrows."

Daario seemed concerned that I would either run or stab him in the back, but I said I would not and I will not do it. A queen must be true to her word. I did not learn that recently. I learned it when I was with Robb and he betrayed the Freys by marrying Talisa. It was the hard way, but necessary.

***

We made it to Daenerys' camp after an hour or two of walking, and I began to worry about Aegon, my children, and my close friends. Brienne may be on the Kingsguard, but she is my personal guard and a friend of mine. She will be just as worried as Hunter or Aegon.