As High As Honour

The ride to the Vale of Arryn had been the most uneventful trip in my life. We moved through the three castles on the way to the actual Eyrie itself. They were named Stone, Snow, and Sky. The difficulty and danger increases when you reach each castle.

As we approached the Eyrie itself, I noted that it was a very small castle. I remember learning that it can only hold five hundred men. It is made out of white stone, and has several slim towers, all of which are bunched tightly together.

Steel and Ice, who had suffered the most in this journey, were sitting down. They had to be cautious as they climbed up the steep Sky path, and were now very tired. I would have carried one of them, but no one else was willing to carry the other.

Mya Stone, who was our guide, had gone ahead to tell Petyr Baelish and Robert Arryn that we are here and alive. It was freezing here because it was so high up. I would rather be sitting outside, at the mercy of a snow storm, then up here.

When Mya returned, I was finally able to get a good look at her. It is known that she is Robert's oldest bastard, and she is quite pretty. She has short, coal black hair and beautiful blue eyes. I also noted that she wore men's clothes, much like myself, and she is very tall.

I held my cloak close to myself as Mya led us into the Eyrie. We walked through the castle itself for a few minutes, but the only thing of interest was the fact that the windows were narrow and arched. That, and there were very few people here.

We walked into the High Hall, and I looked around. The walls were made of white marble with blue veins, and had the same narrow, arched windows. Torches sat up high on iron sconces, and shined down on the room. Their throne, which Petyr Baelish sat on, was made of weirwood. The moon door sat in the middle of the room, and I made sure to walk around it.

Sansa was nearby, watching me with no emotion. I see she has learned quickly that it is best to keep a good, strong cover. Her hair was now a dark brown. It suited her, but not nearly as much as her normal auburn hair.

"May I present Queen Valyria," Mya stated, loudly.

Everyone realized that I was a queen and dropped to their knees, apart from a few who still stood. Petyr Baelish hesitated before he kneeled, but as soon as he did, everyone followed suit. They probably did not want to be pushed out the moon door for accidentally angering him.

"You may stand," I told them, calmly. "Thank you for introducing me, Mya. These are my friends, Prince Hunter Baratheon, Lord Allister Ellwood, and Brandon Tallhart. I do so hope that we are welcome in your halls, Lord Baelish."

"Of course you are, my queen," he insisted, watching me closely. He was trying to find a weakness. "It is my pleasure to host you and your companions. Alayne, can you show our guests to their chambers? You surely need some rest after your journey."

Alayne, who is really Sansa, led us out of the High Hall. We walked through the halls in silence. Ice and Steel were the only source of noise, as they were padding along the marble floor and making a bit of noise.

When we were shown to our chambers, I noted that Petyr put Hunter and I next to each other, and then I saw that Allister and Brandon had a room in between each other. He must be trying to figure out who is closer to who or something similar. We must not show him.

Allister, Hunter, and Brandon all walked into their chambers, leaving me with Sansa. I motioned for her to follow me into my chambers, so she did. Steel and Ice went ahead, and immediately jumped onto the bed. I rolled my eyes and sat at the small table in the room.

The chambers themselves were spacious. They were not as big as the ones I share with Aegon, but it was close to that size. The walls were made of the same white marble with blue veins, and there was a brazier in the middle of the room.